Dec 7, 2010, 1:34 AM EDT
In yet another captivating teaser that hypes HBO’s upcoming 24/7 series leading up to the 2011 Winter Classic (airing on NBC on January 1, 2011 by the way …), Brooks Laich provides some entertaining banter.
After discussing the stuff you’ll be hearing about from almost every player (“It’s like we’re kids again” type commentary), Laich also discusses the budding rivalry between the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins.
But perhaps it’s the similarities between the two teams that might make this best outdoor NHL game yet. They both feature high-octane offenses, talented goalies, attacking defensemen and high spots in the standings, so the game has a chance to be wide open and competitive.
The only other rivalry game of note in the U.S. outdoor games so far was the Chicago-Detroit Winter Classic from 2009, so the 2011 game has that going for it too.
Anyway, the HBO 24/7 series premieres on December 15, so expect some more tastes of their expert coverage as the next few days come along. We hope you’re as excited as we are.
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 22
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)