Dec 7, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Sure, they’ve won two games in a row, but it’s a little early to say that the Toronto Maple Leafs are heeding some kind of wake-up call. Not when you consider the fact that they were 1-3-1 in their last five games before this little blip. Those two wins were also via shootouts, so yeah, let’s not get too crazy.
That being said, the Leafs are showing a little bit of moxie in last night’s game against the Washington Capitals, coming back from a 4-1 third period deficit to win 5-4 via a shootout.
While I tend to give more clout to goals that happen in real game action, sometimes there are ones that come during the shootout that are special enough to earn the goal of the night. Mikhail Grabovski scored the only shootout goal and it was a real doozy of a 360 maneuver that gets even better with the emphatic announcer’s reaction. Enjoy.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires