Dec 7, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Sure, they’ve won two games in a row, but it’s a little early to say that the Toronto Maple Leafs are heeding some kind of wake-up call. Not when you consider the fact that they were 1-3-1 in their last five games before this little blip. Those two wins were also via shootouts, so yeah, let’s not get too crazy.
That being said, the Leafs are showing a little bit of moxie in last night’s game against the Washington Capitals, coming back from a 4-1 third period deficit to win 5-4 via a shootout.
While I tend to give more clout to goals that happen in real game action, sometimes there are ones that come during the shootout that are special enough to earn the goal of the night. Mikhail Grabovski scored the only shootout goal and it was a real doozy of a 360 maneuver that gets even better with the emphatic announcer’s reaction. Enjoy.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)