Dec 7, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Sure, they’ve won two games in a row, but it’s a little early to say that the Toronto Maple Leafs are heeding some kind of wake-up call. Not when you consider the fact that they were 1-3-1 in their last five games before this little blip. Those two wins were also via shootouts, so yeah, let’s not get too crazy.
That being said, the Leafs are showing a little bit of moxie in last night’s game against the Washington Capitals, coming back from a 4-1 third period deficit to win 5-4 via a shootout.
While I tend to give more clout to goals that happen in real game action, sometimes there are ones that come during the shootout that are special enough to earn the goal of the night. Mikhail Grabovski scored the only shootout goal and it was a real doozy of a 360 maneuver that gets even better with the emphatic announcer’s reaction. Enjoy.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)