Dec 7, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Sure, they’ve won two games in a row, but it’s a little early to say that the Toronto Maple Leafs are heeding some kind of wake-up call. Not when you consider the fact that they were 1-3-1 in their last five games before this little blip. Those two wins were also via shootouts, so yeah, let’s not get too crazy.
That being said, the Leafs are showing a little bit of moxie in last night’s game against the Washington Capitals, coming back from a 4-1 third period deficit to win 5-4 via a shootout.
While I tend to give more clout to goals that happen in real game action, sometimes there are ones that come during the shootout that are special enough to earn the goal of the night. Mikhail Grabovski scored the only shootout goal and it was a real doozy of a 360 maneuver that gets even better with the emphatic announcer’s reaction. Enjoy.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)