Dec 7, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Sure, they’ve won two games in a row, but it’s a little early to say that the Toronto Maple Leafs are heeding some kind of wake-up call. Not when you consider the fact that they were 1-3-1 in their last five games before this little blip. Those two wins were also via shootouts, so yeah, let’s not get too crazy.
That being said, the Leafs are showing a little bit of moxie in last night’s game against the Washington Capitals, coming back from a 4-1 third period deficit to win 5-4 via a shootout.
While I tend to give more clout to goals that happen in real game action, sometimes there are ones that come during the shootout that are special enough to earn the goal of the night. Mikhail Grabovski scored the only shootout goal and it was a real doozy of a 360 maneuver that gets even better with the emphatic announcer’s reaction. Enjoy.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63