Dec 6, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
So it was another let down of a game for the Calgary Flames. They fell 4-2 in Chicago to the Blackhawks and couldn’t stop themselves from going to the penalty box all night. It didn’t help matters when the Hawks scored on four different power plays to ice the game away.
As is the tendency in a Flames game, however, Miikka Kiprusoff is prone to make the stellar save of the game and this game was no different. After a Flames turnover near the blue line, Hawks forward Patrick Sharp broke in all alone and deked Kiprusoff forcing him to kick his leg out towards the post to stop him. Kipper came up big with Chicago already ahead 3-2 at that moment. All would be for naught as the Hawks went on to win the game anyway. As for Kiprusoff, his effort on Sharp was good enough for our save of the night.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15