Dec 6, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
If you want to know all about the Penguins continuing their winning ways and Sidney Crosby extending his scoring streak to 16 games, click here. Now let’s take a look at tonight’s other four games.
Going into the third period, it looked like the same old story: the Capitals had a 4-1 lead over the seemingly lost Maple Leafs. That final frame changed all of that, though, as Toronto reeled off three goals in the third and then won the game in a shootout.
Clarke MacArthur scored two goals for Toronto and Mathieu Perrault also provided two tallies for Washington. Mikhail Grabovski and Tim Brent scored Toronto’s other goals while Alex Ovechkin and Mike Knuble scored a goal each for the Capitals.
Speaking of come-from-behind victories, the Thrashers authored one of their own against the Predators tonight. After going down 2-0 to Nashville in the first period thanks to goals by Colin Wilson and Steve Sullivan, Atlanta rattled off three goals to win in overtime. Jim Slater and Andrew Ladd scored to tie it up while Zach Bogosian won the game two minutes into OT.
Ondrej Pavelec stopped 27 out of 29 shots to keep his hot streak going while Anders Lindback put up a valiant effort, making 34 out of 37 saves.
The Blue Jackets stopped their own bleeding while ending the Stars’ six game winning streak with a shootout win, thanks to a great performance by Rick Nash (1 goal, 1 assist and one shootout goal). Kari Lehtonen kept Dallas in the game by making 27 out of 29 saves while Mathieu Garon was pretty lucky to win, only needing to stop 16 out of 18 shots.
After falling behind to the Red Wings 2-1 in the first period, the Sharks scored four unanswered goals to earn Antti Niemi’s second win in three straight starts. San Jose took a lead in the second when Niclas Wallin and Logan Couture scored eight seconds apart and never looked back. Couture had two goals overall, Dany Heatley scored a goal and an assist and Joe Thornton also scored for the Sharks in this one.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)