Dec 5, 2010, 10:53 PM EDT
We’re less than four weeks away from the 2011 Winter Classic in Pittsburgh, and tonight during halftime of Sunday Night Football on NBC between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens NBC debuted their first promo for the game. We’re thinking it wasn’t much of a coincidence that the first promo was shown during a game between these two teams. I guess the Redskins weren’t available for a prime time game. It was either that or their fans have already traded in their McNabb jerseys for Alex Ovechkin ones.
Anyhow, if you weren’t already prepared for a Ovechkin vs. Crosby showdown on New Year’s Day, this one should get you in the right mindset. The game will be on NBC at 1:00 pm ET and you’d better believe we’re all excited to be there for it. Here’s the promo.
This makes us start thinking of just what the weather will be like at Heinz Field for this clash of the titans. At least we don’t have to worry about anyone trying to kick field goals out there.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)