Dec 5, 2010, 10:53 PM EST
We’re less than four weeks away from the 2011 Winter Classic in Pittsburgh, and tonight during halftime of Sunday Night Football on NBC between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens NBC debuted their first promo for the game. We’re thinking it wasn’t much of a coincidence that the first promo was shown during a game between these two teams. I guess the Redskins weren’t available for a prime time game. It was either that or their fans have already traded in their McNabb jerseys for Alex Ovechkin ones.
Anyhow, if you weren’t already prepared for a Ovechkin vs. Crosby showdown on New Year’s Day, this one should get you in the right mindset. The game will be on NBC at 1:00 pm ET and you’d better believe we’re all excited to be there for it. Here’s the promo.
This makes us start thinking of just what the weather will be like at Heinz Field for this clash of the titans. At least we don’t have to worry about anyone trying to kick field goals out there.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)