Dec 5, 2010, 10:53 PM EDT
We’re less than four weeks away from the 2011 Winter Classic in Pittsburgh, and tonight during halftime of Sunday Night Football on NBC between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens NBC debuted their first promo for the game. We’re thinking it wasn’t much of a coincidence that the first promo was shown during a game between these two teams. I guess the Redskins weren’t available for a prime time game. It was either that or their fans have already traded in their McNabb jerseys for Alex Ovechkin ones.
Anyhow, if you weren’t already prepared for a Ovechkin vs. Crosby showdown on New Year’s Day, this one should get you in the right mindset. The game will be on NBC at 1:00 pm ET and you’d better believe we’re all excited to be there for it. Here’s the promo.
This makes us start thinking of just what the weather will be like at Heinz Field for this clash of the titans. At least we don’t have to worry about anyone trying to kick field goals out there.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)