Dec 5, 2010, 10:53 PM EDT
We’re less than four weeks away from the 2011 Winter Classic in Pittsburgh, and tonight during halftime of Sunday Night Football on NBC between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens NBC debuted their first promo for the game. We’re thinking it wasn’t much of a coincidence that the first promo was shown during a game between these two teams. I guess the Redskins weren’t available for a prime time game. It was either that or their fans have already traded in their McNabb jerseys for Alex Ovechkin ones.
Anyhow, if you weren’t already prepared for a Ovechkin vs. Crosby showdown on New Year’s Day, this one should get you in the right mindset. The game will be on NBC at 1:00 pm ET and you’d better believe we’re all excited to be there for it. Here’s the promo.
This makes us start thinking of just what the weather will be like at Heinz Field for this clash of the titans. At least we don’t have to worry about anyone trying to kick field goals out there.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)