Dec 5, 2010, 10:53 PM EDT
We’re less than four weeks away from the 2011 Winter Classic in Pittsburgh, and tonight during halftime of Sunday Night Football on NBC between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens NBC debuted their first promo for the game. We’re thinking it wasn’t much of a coincidence that the first promo was shown during a game between these two teams. I guess the Redskins weren’t available for a prime time game. It was either that or their fans have already traded in their McNabb jerseys for Alex Ovechkin ones.
Anyhow, if you weren’t already prepared for a Ovechkin vs. Crosby showdown on New Year’s Day, this one should get you in the right mindset. The game will be on NBC at 1:00 pm ET and you’d better believe we’re all excited to be there for it. Here’s the promo.
This makes us start thinking of just what the weather will be like at Heinz Field for this clash of the titans. At least we don’t have to worry about anyone trying to kick field goals out there.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 11
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)