Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Thank goodness for Tim Thomas.
In a league full of good goalies, almost everyone is so bland. They all seem so focused on “staying in position” rather than flopping around and generally making the normally passive job of being a goalie into some kind of art.
He might not be the same intimidating (or “dominating”) force – at least image wise – as Dominik Hasek, but Thomas is this decade’s answer to the Czech goalie with that slinky spine.
That’s why Thomas won his fair share of save of the night awards already and will probably keep putting them up for a few more seasons. Some people are calling this overtime glove save a “save of the year candidate” and I must say it’s pretty tough to deny its brilliance.
Anyway, enough of my blathering, check out this sprawling glove save in all its glory.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)