Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Thank goodness for Tim Thomas.
In a league full of good goalies, almost everyone is so bland. They all seem so focused on “staying in position” rather than flopping around and generally making the normally passive job of being a goalie into some kind of art.
He might not be the same intimidating (or “dominating”) force – at least image wise – as Dominik Hasek, but Thomas is this decade’s answer to the Czech goalie with that slinky spine.
That’s why Thomas won his fair share of save of the night awards already and will probably keep putting them up for a few more seasons. Some people are calling this overtime glove save a “save of the year candidate” and I must say it’s pretty tough to deny its brilliance.
Anyway, enough of my blathering, check out this sprawling glove save in all its glory.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)