Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Thank goodness for Tim Thomas.
In a league full of good goalies, almost everyone is so bland. They all seem so focused on “staying in position” rather than flopping around and generally making the normally passive job of being a goalie into some kind of art.
He might not be the same intimidating (or “dominating”) force – at least image wise – as Dominik Hasek, but Thomas is this decade’s answer to the Czech goalie with that slinky spine.
That’s why Thomas won his fair share of save of the night awards already and will probably keep putting them up for a few more seasons. Some people are calling this overtime glove save a “save of the year candidate” and I must say it’s pretty tough to deny its brilliance.
Anyway, enough of my blathering, check out this sprawling glove save in all its glory.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)