Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Thank goodness for Tim Thomas.
In a league full of good goalies, almost everyone is so bland. They all seem so focused on “staying in position” rather than flopping around and generally making the normally passive job of being a goalie into some kind of art.
He might not be the same intimidating (or “dominating”) force – at least image wise – as Dominik Hasek, but Thomas is this decade’s answer to the Czech goalie with that slinky spine.
That’s why Thomas won his fair share of save of the night awards already and will probably keep putting them up for a few more seasons. Some people are calling this overtime glove save a “save of the year candidate” and I must say it’s pretty tough to deny its brilliance.
Anyway, enough of my blathering, check out this sprawling glove save in all its glory.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)