Dec 5, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT
Potentially bad news tonight for the Blackhawks. Early in the first period against Calgary, Patrick Kane was checked by Cory Sarich and then fell awkwardly feet-first into the boards. Kane needed to be helped off the ice and into the locker room and will not return to the game.
In replays of the hit, Kane’s leg seems to get twisted up underneath him leading us to believe it’s either a knee or ankle injury. Either way, it didn’t look good. The Blackhawks haven’t updated his status as of yet, but when they do we’ll have more on it. Right now, the expectations aren’t very good.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40