Dec 5, 2010, 8:06 PM EST
Potentially bad news tonight for the Blackhawks. Early in the first period against Calgary, Patrick Kane was checked by Cory Sarich and then fell awkwardly feet-first into the boards. Kane needed to be helped off the ice and into the locker room and will not return to the game.
In replays of the hit, Kane’s leg seems to get twisted up underneath him leading us to believe it’s either a knee or ankle injury. Either way, it didn’t look good. The Blackhawks haven’t updated his status as of yet, but when they do we’ll have more on it. Right now, the expectations aren’t very good.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4