Dec 5, 2010, 8:06 PM EDT
Potentially bad news tonight for the Blackhawks. Early in the first period against Calgary, Patrick Kane was checked by Cory Sarich and then fell awkwardly feet-first into the boards. Kane needed to be helped off the ice and into the locker room and will not return to the game.
In replays of the hit, Kane’s leg seems to get twisted up underneath him leading us to believe it’s either a knee or ankle injury. Either way, it didn’t look good. The Blackhawks haven’t updated his status as of yet, but when they do we’ll have more on it. Right now, the expectations aren’t very good.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63