Dec 5, 2010, 7:13 PM EST
The last time we saw Joffrey Lupul in an Anaheim Ducks sweater was December 8th, 2009 against the Dallas Stars. Today, the team activated Lupul off of the long term injured list and it appears he’ll be ready to play tonight against the Coyotes.
Lupul has missed the last year after developing a blood infection after undergoing back surgery. The infection slowed Lupul’s recovery from surgery and sapped the energy from his system. Getting him back in the lineup gives the Ducks a needed offensive boost as Teemu Selanne is hampered by a nagging groin injury. Lupul would be able to slot right in on the second line with Saku Koivu and Jason Blake when he’s ready to go. Whether or not that will be tonight remains to be seen.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5