Dec 5, 2010, 7:13 PM EDT
The last time we saw Joffrey Lupul in an Anaheim Ducks sweater was December 8th, 2009 against the Dallas Stars. Today, the team activated Lupul off of the long term injured list and it appears he’ll be ready to play tonight against the Coyotes.
Lupul has missed the last year after developing a blood infection after undergoing back surgery. The infection slowed Lupul’s recovery from surgery and sapped the energy from his system. Getting him back in the lineup gives the Ducks a needed offensive boost as Teemu Selanne is hampered by a nagging groin injury. Lupul would be able to slot right in on the second line with Saku Koivu and Jason Blake when he’s ready to go. Whether or not that will be tonight remains to be seen.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 2
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 7
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25