Dec 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s safe to say that Roberto Luongo has had his fair share of issues with the Chicago Blackhawks over recent years. Two years in a row the Blackhawks have knocked the Canucks out of the playoffs and in each of those playoffs, the Hawks hung some of the worst defeats that Luongo has seen throughout his career. Even this season, Luongo suffered a beating at the hands of Chicago by the score of 7-1.
The talk was that the Blackhawks were in Luongo’s head and that they “owned” him. Luongo needed a big performance against Chicago in a big way last night and he came through big. He stopped 32 shots on his way to a 3-0 shutout win which included a handful of tremendous saves. Our save of the night comes with the Canucks up 1-0 already and the Hawks pressuring. Tomas Kopecky finds himself in front of the net all alone looking to fire the puck past a prone Luongo only to see him stick his leg up in the air to knock it away. Somewhere, Dominik Hasek is tipping his cap at this incredible save.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25