Dec 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s safe to say that Roberto Luongo has had his fair share of issues with the Chicago Blackhawks over recent years. Two years in a row the Blackhawks have knocked the Canucks out of the playoffs and in each of those playoffs, the Hawks hung some of the worst defeats that Luongo has seen throughout his career. Even this season, Luongo suffered a beating at the hands of Chicago by the score of 7-1.
The talk was that the Blackhawks were in Luongo’s head and that they “owned” him. Luongo needed a big performance against Chicago in a big way last night and he came through big. He stopped 32 shots on his way to a 3-0 shutout win which included a handful of tremendous saves. Our save of the night comes with the Canucks up 1-0 already and the Hawks pressuring. Tomas Kopecky finds himself in front of the net all alone looking to fire the puck past a prone Luongo only to see him stick his leg up in the air to knock it away. Somewhere, Dominik Hasek is tipping his cap at this incredible save.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34