Dec 4, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
News tonight out of Columbus that Penguins star Evgeni Malkin will be out of the lineup tonight against the Blue Jackets with knee trouble. Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review breaks the news.
Malkin, who practiced this morning at Nationwide Arena, continues to be bothered by a sore knee. He has worn a brace on that knee for about a month, and that injury is believed to the one re-aggravated on Thursday night during a home win against Atlanta.
Malkin has scored eight goals and is third among all Penguins with 22 points. He has not recorded a point in three games and has scored only one goal since netting a hat trick on Nov. 13 at Atlanta.
Malkin hasn’t looked like his usual impressive self out there lately for Pittsburgh and while Sidney Crosby is doing the bulk of the heavy lifting offensively for the Pens, not having Malkin going hurts the depth on the team especially with Jordan Staal still out of the lineup. Malkin has eight goals and 14 assists this year for the Pens, good for third on the team in points. Everyone is trailing Crosby by quite a bit in that race, but that’s to be expected when a guy is having a dominant season.
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 0
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)