Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
In an 82-game season, it seems like just about anything can happen. George Parros can score two goals in one game. Martin Gerber can go 2-0, sport a 95 save percentage and (possibly?) never been seen in the NHL again. The Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers and New York Islanders can be on top of the league, even if it was just for a few games.
Still, there are some things you still never expect to see, such as:
- Philadelphia Flyers fans chanting “Crosby rocks” or Ottawa Senators fans chanting “We-love Heat-ley.”
- Henrik Sedin playing against (and fighting with) his brother Daniel.
- Alex Ovechkin looking extremely clumsy.
- Brent Sutter smiling.
Well, it’s an isolated incident. Something that might not happen for another 10 years or so … but perhaps that’s why we need to share the video documentation of it: yes, Ovechkin can look downright silly too.
Let’s not beat up Ovechkin too much. He’s easily one of the five most exhilarating players to watch in the entire league. Instead, just keep this in mind: you might have spilled coffee on your shirt, burned your hand while taking a Hot Pocket out of the microwave or made any other inelegant mistake … but for at least one moment, Ovechkin messed up too.
- Shocked Ducks: Toews forces OT with two goals in final two minutes 0
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)