Dec 3, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
In an 82-game season, it seems like just about anything can happen. George Parros can score two goals in one game. Martin Gerber can go 2-0, sport a 95 save percentage and (possibly?) never been seen in the NHL again. The Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers and New York Islanders can be on top of the league, even if it was just for a few games.
Still, there are some things you still never expect to see, such as:
- Philadelphia Flyers fans chanting “Crosby rocks” or Ottawa Senators fans chanting “We-love Heat-ley.”
- Henrik Sedin playing against (and fighting with) his brother Daniel.
- Alex Ovechkin looking extremely clumsy.
- Brent Sutter smiling.
Well, it’s an isolated incident. Something that might not happen for another 10 years or so … but perhaps that’s why we need to share the video documentation of it: yes, Ovechkin can look downright silly too.
Let’s not beat up Ovechkin too much. He’s easily one of the five most exhilarating players to watch in the entire league. Instead, just keep this in mind: you might have spilled coffee on your shirt, burned your hand while taking a Hot Pocket out of the microwave or made any other inelegant mistake … but for at least one moment, Ovechkin messed up too.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5