Dec 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
The scalp-exposing trend keeps going in the NHL, as Sidney Crosby and Marian Gaborik each scored three goals – including the game winners – for their teams on Thursday.
Which one is more impressive in your eyes? Is it more outstanding that Crosby scored every single goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins as they beat the Atlanta Thrashers 3-2 or that Gaborik earned a GWG and also added an assist but did so during a wild and crazy 11 goal game?
One thing that might give Crosby the “tie-breaker” is the fact that this is his second hat trick in a row at the Consol Energy Center. I guess this means that the Penguins are getting a little more comfortable in their fancy new digs? Either way, Pittsburgh is on an eight game winning streak and it’s up to debate if Crosby or Marc-Andre Fleury is the biggest reason why.
First, let’s take at Crosby’s first career natural hat trick.
Next, Gaborik’s crowd displeaser.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)