Dec 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
The scalp-exposing trend keeps going in the NHL, as Sidney Crosby and Marian Gaborik each scored three goals – including the game winners – for their teams on Thursday.
Which one is more impressive in your eyes? Is it more outstanding that Crosby scored every single goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins as they beat the Atlanta Thrashers 3-2 or that Gaborik earned a GWG and also added an assist but did so during a wild and crazy 11 goal game?
One thing that might give Crosby the “tie-breaker” is the fact that this is his second hat trick in a row at the Consol Energy Center. I guess this means that the Penguins are getting a little more comfortable in their fancy new digs? Either way, Pittsburgh is on an eight game winning streak and it’s up to debate if Crosby or Marc-Andre Fleury is the biggest reason why.
First, let’s take at Crosby’s first career natural hat trick.
Next, Gaborik’s crowd displeaser.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 59
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 34
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (167)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)