Dec 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
The scalp-exposing trend keeps going in the NHL, as Sidney Crosby and Marian Gaborik each scored three goals – including the game winners – for their teams on Thursday.
Which one is more impressive in your eyes? Is it more outstanding that Crosby scored every single goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins as they beat the Atlanta Thrashers 3-2 or that Gaborik earned a GWG and also added an assist but did so during a wild and crazy 11 goal game?
One thing that might give Crosby the “tie-breaker” is the fact that this is his second hat trick in a row at the Consol Energy Center. I guess this means that the Penguins are getting a little more comfortable in their fancy new digs? Either way, Pittsburgh is on an eight game winning streak and it’s up to debate if Crosby or Marc-Andre Fleury is the biggest reason why.
First, let’s take at Crosby’s first career natural hat trick.
Next, Gaborik’s crowd displeaser.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)