Dec 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
The scalp-exposing trend keeps going in the NHL, as Sidney Crosby and Marian Gaborik each scored three goals – including the game winners – for their teams on Thursday.
Which one is more impressive in your eyes? Is it more outstanding that Crosby scored every single goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins as they beat the Atlanta Thrashers 3-2 or that Gaborik earned a GWG and also added an assist but did so during a wild and crazy 11 goal game?
One thing that might give Crosby the “tie-breaker” is the fact that this is his second hat trick in a row at the Consol Energy Center. I guess this means that the Penguins are getting a little more comfortable in their fancy new digs? Either way, Pittsburgh is on an eight game winning streak and it’s up to debate if Crosby or Marc-Andre Fleury is the biggest reason why.
First, let’s take at Crosby’s first career natural hat trick.
Next, Gaborik’s crowd displeaser.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 7
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54