Dec 3, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
The scalp-exposing trend keeps going in the NHL, as Sidney Crosby and Marian Gaborik each scored three goals – including the game winners – for their teams on Thursday.
Which one is more impressive in your eyes? Is it more outstanding that Crosby scored every single goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins as they beat the Atlanta Thrashers 3-2 or that Gaborik earned a GWG and also added an assist but did so during a wild and crazy 11 goal game?
One thing that might give Crosby the “tie-breaker” is the fact that this is his second hat trick in a row at the Consol Energy Center. I guess this means that the Penguins are getting a little more comfortable in their fancy new digs? Either way, Pittsburgh is on an eight game winning streak and it’s up to debate if Crosby or Marc-Andre Fleury is the biggest reason why.
First, let’s take at Crosby’s first career natural hat trick.
Next, Gaborik’s crowd displeaser.
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 16
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 47
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 15
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)