Dec 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Usually, one goalie receiving two save of the week nods in the same seven day period sort of sneaks up on us, but Pavelec earned the last one recently enough that it’s fresh on our collective minds.
That last win was the best of a fairly average back of saves (relatively speaking of course, because NHL goalies achieve amazing things with impressive regularity), but this time around, it was a real beauty.
In fact, it was a beauty all the way around. From the brilliant pass to a nice shot by Tyler Kennedy right down to Pavelec’s outstanding glove save. It’s just a nice thing to watch, even if it doesn’t mean as much as Sidney Crosby’s natural hat trick or the Pittsburgh Penguins’ win.
So his winning streak came to end, but congrats to Pavelec on another great moment.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 20
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 16
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)