Dec 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Usually, one goalie receiving two save of the week nods in the same seven day period sort of sneaks up on us, but Pavelec earned the last one recently enough that it’s fresh on our collective minds.
That last win was the best of a fairly average back of saves (relatively speaking of course, because NHL goalies achieve amazing things with impressive regularity), but this time around, it was a real beauty.
In fact, it was a beauty all the way around. From the brilliant pass to a nice shot by Tyler Kennedy right down to Pavelec’s outstanding glove save. It’s just a nice thing to watch, even if it doesn’t mean as much as Sidney Crosby’s natural hat trick or the Pittsburgh Penguins’ win.
So his winning streak came to end, but congrats to Pavelec on another great moment.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)