Dec 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Usually, one goalie receiving two save of the week nods in the same seven day period sort of sneaks up on us, but Pavelec earned the last one recently enough that it’s fresh on our collective minds.
That last win was the best of a fairly average back of saves (relatively speaking of course, because NHL goalies achieve amazing things with impressive regularity), but this time around, it was a real beauty.
In fact, it was a beauty all the way around. From the brilliant pass to a nice shot by Tyler Kennedy right down to Pavelec’s outstanding glove save. It’s just a nice thing to watch, even if it doesn’t mean as much as Sidney Crosby’s natural hat trick or the Pittsburgh Penguins’ win.
So his winning streak came to end, but congrats to Pavelec on another great moment.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)