Dec 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Usually, one goalie receiving two save of the week nods in the same seven day period sort of sneaks up on us, but Pavelec earned the last one recently enough that it’s fresh on our collective minds.
That last win was the best of a fairly average back of saves (relatively speaking of course, because NHL goalies achieve amazing things with impressive regularity), but this time around, it was a real beauty.
In fact, it was a beauty all the way around. From the brilliant pass to a nice shot by Tyler Kennedy right down to Pavelec’s outstanding glove save. It’s just a nice thing to watch, even if it doesn’t mean as much as Sidney Crosby’s natural hat trick or the Pittsburgh Penguins’ win.
So his winning streak came to end, but congrats to Pavelec on another great moment.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 0
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 35
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)