Dec 3, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Usually, one goalie receiving two save of the week nods in the same seven day period sort of sneaks up on us, but Pavelec earned the last one recently enough that it’s fresh on our collective minds.
That last win was the best of a fairly average back of saves (relatively speaking of course, because NHL goalies achieve amazing things with impressive regularity), but this time around, it was a real beauty.
In fact, it was a beauty all the way around. From the brilliant pass to a nice shot by Tyler Kennedy right down to Pavelec’s outstanding glove save. It’s just a nice thing to watch, even if it doesn’t mean as much as Sidney Crosby’s natural hat trick or the Pittsburgh Penguins’ win.
So his winning streak came to end, but congrats to Pavelec on another great moment.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 9
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6