Dec 3, 2010, 1:18 PM EST
Tough news for the rebounding Nashville Predators today: the team must make do without their franchise goalie Pekka Rinne for an unclear amount of time with an undisclosed injury. The word comes straight from the Twitter account of his agent, Jay Grossman.
Grossman noted that he’s being examined by doctors today.
To make sure they’re suiting up two goalies for however long Rinne will be out, the team announced that they called up Mark Dekanich from the AHL. Dekanich backed up Anders Lindback when Rinne was injured for a brief amount of time early this season.
Rinne is 8-7-4 with a 2.38 goals against average and a 91.8 save percentage so far in the 2010-11 season. On the bright side, Lindback was beyond solid in his short run as the Predators top goalie, posting a 3-1-1 record with a 2.78 GAA and 91.3 save percentage.
We’ll let you know if there is any more concrete evidence about Rinne’s injury as the days go on, but assume he’ll miss at least a game or two unless otherwise noted.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)