Dec 3, 2010, 1:18 PM EST
Tough news for the rebounding Nashville Predators today: the team must make do without their franchise goalie Pekka Rinne for an unclear amount of time with an undisclosed injury. The word comes straight from the Twitter account of his agent, Jay Grossman.
Grossman noted that he’s being examined by doctors today.
To make sure they’re suiting up two goalies for however long Rinne will be out, the team announced that they called up Mark Dekanich from the AHL. Dekanich backed up Anders Lindback when Rinne was injured for a brief amount of time early this season.
Rinne is 8-7-4 with a 2.38 goals against average and a 91.8 save percentage so far in the 2010-11 season. On the bright side, Lindback was beyond solid in his short run as the Predators top goalie, posting a 3-1-1 record with a 2.78 GAA and 91.3 save percentage.
We’ll let you know if there is any more concrete evidence about Rinne’s injury as the days go on, but assume he’ll miss at least a game or two unless otherwise noted.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)