Dec 3, 2010, 1:18 PM EST
Tough news for the rebounding Nashville Predators today: the team must make do without their franchise goalie Pekka Rinne for an unclear amount of time with an undisclosed injury. The word comes straight from the Twitter account of his agent, Jay Grossman.
Grossman noted that he’s being examined by doctors today.
To make sure they’re suiting up two goalies for however long Rinne will be out, the team announced that they called up Mark Dekanich from the AHL. Dekanich backed up Anders Lindback when Rinne was injured for a brief amount of time early this season.
Rinne is 8-7-4 with a 2.38 goals against average and a 91.8 save percentage so far in the 2010-11 season. On the bright side, Lindback was beyond solid in his short run as the Predators top goalie, posting a 3-1-1 record with a 2.78 GAA and 91.3 save percentage.
We’ll let you know if there is any more concrete evidence about Rinne’s injury as the days go on, but assume he’ll miss at least a game or two unless otherwise noted.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)