Dec 3, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
Tough news for the rebounding Nashville Predators today: the team must make do without their franchise goalie Pekka Rinne for an unclear amount of time with an undisclosed injury. The word comes straight from the Twitter account of his agent, Jay Grossman.
Grossman noted that he’s being examined by doctors today.
To make sure they’re suiting up two goalies for however long Rinne will be out, the team announced that they called up Mark Dekanich from the AHL. Dekanich backed up Anders Lindback when Rinne was injured for a brief amount of time early this season.
Rinne is 8-7-4 with a 2.38 goals against average and a 91.8 save percentage so far in the 2010-11 season. On the bright side, Lindback was beyond solid in his short run as the Predators top goalie, posting a 3-1-1 record with a 2.78 GAA and 91.3 save percentage.
We’ll let you know if there is any more concrete evidence about Rinne’s injury as the days go on, but assume he’ll miss at least a game or two unless otherwise noted.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 22
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 12
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 46
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal