Dec 3, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
Tough news for the rebounding Nashville Predators today: the team must make do without their franchise goalie Pekka Rinne for an unclear amount of time with an undisclosed injury. The word comes straight from the Twitter account of his agent, Jay Grossman.
Grossman noted that he’s being examined by doctors today.
To make sure they’re suiting up two goalies for however long Rinne will be out, the team announced that they called up Mark Dekanich from the AHL. Dekanich backed up Anders Lindback when Rinne was injured for a brief amount of time early this season.
Rinne is 8-7-4 with a 2.38 goals against average and a 91.8 save percentage so far in the 2010-11 season. On the bright side, Lindback was beyond solid in his short run as the Predators top goalie, posting a 3-1-1 record with a 2.78 GAA and 91.3 save percentage.
We’ll let you know if there is any more concrete evidence about Rinne’s injury as the days go on, but assume he’ll miss at least a game or two unless otherwise noted.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)