Dec 3, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
The NHL decided to fine Calgary Flames forward Curtis Glencross for a cross-check on Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard, but the league did not suspend him. TSN filed the report.
The hit took place during Wednesday’s game between the two teams. Glencross received a five minute major and game misconduct for the hit on Ballard. He went through a disciplinary hearing regarding the check today.
Glencross does have one suspension in his history, as the NHL sat him down three games for a hit against the New York Rangers during the 2009-10 season.
He’s a fairly valuable piece to the puzzle in Calgary (seven goals and four assists for 11 points with 40 PIM), a team that needs every break it can get, so avoiding a suspension is a rare bit of good news for the Flames.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)