Dec 3, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
The NHL decided to fine Calgary Flames forward Curtis Glencross for a cross-check on Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard, but the league did not suspend him. TSN filed the report.
The hit took place during Wednesday’s game between the two teams. Glencross received a five minute major and game misconduct for the hit on Ballard. He went through a disciplinary hearing regarding the check today.
Glencross does have one suspension in his history, as the NHL sat him down three games for a hit against the New York Rangers during the 2009-10 season.
He’s a fairly valuable piece to the puzzle in Calgary (seven goals and four assists for 11 points with 40 PIM), a team that needs every break it can get, so avoiding a suspension is a rare bit of good news for the Flames.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)