Dec 3, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
The NHL decided to fine Calgary Flames forward Curtis Glencross for a cross-check on Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard, but the league did not suspend him. TSN filed the report.
The hit took place during Wednesday’s game between the two teams. Glencross received a five minute major and game misconduct for the hit on Ballard. He went through a disciplinary hearing regarding the check today.
Glencross does have one suspension in his history, as the NHL sat him down three games for a hit against the New York Rangers during the 2009-10 season.
He’s a fairly valuable piece to the puzzle in Calgary (seven goals and four assists for 11 points with 40 PIM), a team that needs every break it can get, so avoiding a suspension is a rare bit of good news for the Flames.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 74
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)