Dec 3, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
The NHL decided to fine Calgary Flames forward Curtis Glencross for a cross-check on Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard, but the league did not suspend him. TSN filed the report.
The hit took place during Wednesday’s game between the two teams. Glencross received a five minute major and game misconduct for the hit on Ballard. He went through a disciplinary hearing regarding the check today.
Glencross does have one suspension in his history, as the NHL sat him down three games for a hit against the New York Rangers during the 2009-10 season.
He’s a fairly valuable piece to the puzzle in Calgary (seven goals and four assists for 11 points with 40 PIM), a team that needs every break it can get, so avoiding a suspension is a rare bit of good news for the Flames.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38