Dec 3, 2010, 1:47 PM EST
The NHL decided to fine Calgary Flames forward Curtis Glencross for a cross-check on Vancouver Canucks defenseman Keith Ballard, but the league did not suspend him. TSN filed the report.
The hit took place during Wednesday’s game between the two teams. Glencross received a five minute major and game misconduct for the hit on Ballard. He went through a disciplinary hearing regarding the check today.
Glencross does have one suspension in his history, as the NHL sat him down three games for a hit against the New York Rangers during the 2009-10 season.
He’s a fairly valuable piece to the puzzle in Calgary (seven goals and four assists for 11 points with 40 PIM), a team that needs every break it can get, so avoiding a suspension is a rare bit of good news for the Flames.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)