Dec 2, 2010, 3:39 PM EDT
You could say it was a pretty good month for Sergei Bobrovsky of the Flyers. He went 7-1-2 in November with a .931 save percentage and a goals against average of 2.02. Putting up those kinds of numbers will get you noticed and today, Bobrovsky was given the Rookie of the Month award by the NHL for November.
Bobrovsky helped lead the Flyers to the top of the Atlantic Division with his play and locked down the starting job as well. Bobrovsky had to beat out forward Jeff Skinner of Carolina and defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk from Colorado for the monthly recognition. Beating out those two players with the month they had says a lot for Bobrovsky. Skinner finished November with four goals and eight assists in 14 games for Carolina while Shattenkirk had four goals and seven assists in 13 games for the Avs.
With the season rolling along and Michael Leighton set to return in the near future, times may get a bit less busy in the future for Bobrovsky. For a rookie to be the backstop for one of the top teams in the NHL, shouldering the full load early on can only mean that times will get tougher as the seasons wears on.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)