Dec 2, 2010, 3:39 PM EDT
You could say it was a pretty good month for Sergei Bobrovsky of the Flyers. He went 7-1-2 in November with a .931 save percentage and a goals against average of 2.02. Putting up those kinds of numbers will get you noticed and today, Bobrovsky was given the Rookie of the Month award by the NHL for November.
Bobrovsky helped lead the Flyers to the top of the Atlantic Division with his play and locked down the starting job as well. Bobrovsky had to beat out forward Jeff Skinner of Carolina and defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk from Colorado for the monthly recognition. Beating out those two players with the month they had says a lot for Bobrovsky. Skinner finished November with four goals and eight assists in 14 games for Carolina while Shattenkirk had four goals and seven assists in 13 games for the Avs.
With the season rolling along and Michael Leighton set to return in the near future, times may get a bit less busy in the future for Bobrovsky. For a rookie to be the backstop for one of the top teams in the NHL, shouldering the full load early on can only mean that times will get tougher as the seasons wears on.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)