Dec 2, 2010, 7:19 PM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that both Boston Bruins and Los Angeles Kings sources said the Marco Sturm trade to L.A. is “dead for now” but they are still leaving the door open for something to happen in the future.
It’s obvious that Sturm’s knee problems are the holdup in this situation, so perhaps an improvement in his condition will be what gets something done. Then again, this could also be one of those would-be trades that dissolves into the ether.
If he can get healthy again, Sturm could be a valuable compliment to a Kings team that could really use some forward depth. Then again, knee problems could limit one of his biggest strengths: blazing speed.
We’ll let you know if the two teams pick up talks again or if the Bruins find a new destination for Sturm in the future.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)