Dec 2, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
Finally, some good news concerning the robbery that occurred after Pat Burns’ funeral. In case you’ve forgotten the awful story, Line Burns had her car broken into and personal items from her husband, former head coach Pat Burns, were stolen. Items included suitcases filled with personal items including Burns’ wallet as well as 30 hockey jerseys that were set to be auctioned off. Police in Montreal have recovered two suitcases that were taken in the robbery. CTV Montreal has the details.
Montreal police say a citizen turned in two suitcases Thursday afternoon that were taken when thieves smashed into Burns’ car in an outdoor parking lot earlier this week.
Const. Yannick Paradis says the man found the luggage not far from the crime scene.
“Inside the two suitcases there were several items that belonged to Mr. Pat Burns,” Paradis said.
“At this point, the 30 jerseys of the different NHL teams are still missing as well as the watch and other items.”
Police checked the man out and determined he was not involved in the robbery.
It’s just a little bit of news, but it’s good news nonetheless for the Burns family. Once those jerseys are found, Burns’ charity is going to really benefit from their auction especially after this whole ordeal.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25