Dec 2, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
Finally, some good news concerning the robbery that occurred after Pat Burns’ funeral. In case you’ve forgotten the awful story, Line Burns had her car broken into and personal items from her husband, former head coach Pat Burns, were stolen. Items included suitcases filled with personal items including Burns’ wallet as well as 30 hockey jerseys that were set to be auctioned off. Police in Montreal have recovered two suitcases that were taken in the robbery. CTV Montreal has the details.
Montreal police say a citizen turned in two suitcases Thursday afternoon that were taken when thieves smashed into Burns’ car in an outdoor parking lot earlier this week.
Const. Yannick Paradis says the man found the luggage not far from the crime scene.
“Inside the two suitcases there were several items that belonged to Mr. Pat Burns,” Paradis said.
“At this point, the 30 jerseys of the different NHL teams are still missing as well as the watch and other items.”
Police checked the man out and determined he was not involved in the robbery.
It’s just a little bit of news, but it’s good news nonetheless for the Burns family. Once those jerseys are found, Burns’ charity is going to really benefit from their auction especially after this whole ordeal.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)