Dec 2, 2010, 4:11 PM EST
Finally, some good news concerning the robbery that occurred after Pat Burns’ funeral. In case you’ve forgotten the awful story, Line Burns had her car broken into and personal items from her husband, former head coach Pat Burns, were stolen. Items included suitcases filled with personal items including Burns’ wallet as well as 30 hockey jerseys that were set to be auctioned off. Police in Montreal have recovered two suitcases that were taken in the robbery. CTV Montreal has the details.
Montreal police say a citizen turned in two suitcases Thursday afternoon that were taken when thieves smashed into Burns’ car in an outdoor parking lot earlier this week.
Const. Yannick Paradis says the man found the luggage not far from the crime scene.
“Inside the two suitcases there were several items that belonged to Mr. Pat Burns,” Paradis said.
“At this point, the 30 jerseys of the different NHL teams are still missing as well as the watch and other items.”
Police checked the man out and determined he was not involved in the robbery.
It’s just a little bit of news, but it’s good news nonetheless for the Burns family. Once those jerseys are found, Burns’ charity is going to really benefit from their auction especially after this whole ordeal.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)