Dec 2, 2010, 4:11 PM EST
Finally, some good news concerning the robbery that occurred after Pat Burns’ funeral. In case you’ve forgotten the awful story, Line Burns had her car broken into and personal items from her husband, former head coach Pat Burns, were stolen. Items included suitcases filled with personal items including Burns’ wallet as well as 30 hockey jerseys that were set to be auctioned off. Police in Montreal have recovered two suitcases that were taken in the robbery. CTV Montreal has the details.
Montreal police say a citizen turned in two suitcases Thursday afternoon that were taken when thieves smashed into Burns’ car in an outdoor parking lot earlier this week.
Const. Yannick Paradis says the man found the luggage not far from the crime scene.
“Inside the two suitcases there were several items that belonged to Mr. Pat Burns,” Paradis said.
“At this point, the 30 jerseys of the different NHL teams are still missing as well as the watch and other items.”
Police checked the man out and determined he was not involved in the robbery.
It’s just a little bit of news, but it’s good news nonetheless for the Burns family. Once those jerseys are found, Burns’ charity is going to really benefit from their auction especially after this whole ordeal.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 17
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 14
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)