Dec 2, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
Finally, some good news concerning the robbery that occurred after Pat Burns’ funeral. In case you’ve forgotten the awful story, Line Burns had her car broken into and personal items from her husband, former head coach Pat Burns, were stolen. Items included suitcases filled with personal items including Burns’ wallet as well as 30 hockey jerseys that were set to be auctioned off. Police in Montreal have recovered two suitcases that were taken in the robbery. CTV Montreal has the details.
Montreal police say a citizen turned in two suitcases Thursday afternoon that were taken when thieves smashed into Burns’ car in an outdoor parking lot earlier this week.
Const. Yannick Paradis says the man found the luggage not far from the crime scene.
“Inside the two suitcases there were several items that belonged to Mr. Pat Burns,” Paradis said.
“At this point, the 30 jerseys of the different NHL teams are still missing as well as the watch and other items.”
Police checked the man out and determined he was not involved in the robbery.
It’s just a little bit of news, but it’s good news nonetheless for the Burns family. Once those jerseys are found, Burns’ charity is going to really benefit from their auction especially after this whole ordeal.
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 16
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 90
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2