Dec 2, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
The 2011 Winter Classic is just a month away and as you’d be right to expect, we here at PHT are excited for it. The game is set for 1:00 pm on New Year’s Day and will be live on NBC and we’ll be there to see the sights around Pittsburgh both inside and outside of Heinz Field.
Making things more interesting and much more fun is what HBO is doing with their tremendous 24/7 series. This time around, HBO will be following both teams and documenting everything leading up to January 1 in their series: 24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road To The Winter Classic.
If you’ve yet to see it, we’ve got the preview for the series which kicks off on December 15th at 10 p.m. It’ll be the best 11 minutes you can spend today to get psyched up for the game.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 7
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 56
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (57)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)