Dec 2, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Some night’s you’ve got it going on. Everything is going right and nothing bad seems to happen. Then there are nights like the final ten minutes of the game for the Montreal Canadiens in their 4-3 overtime loss to Edmonton last night.
The Habs were rolling last night. They were getting timely goals, putting pressure on the young Oilers, and Carey Price was once again seemingly doing his thing. Funny thing happened last night though. The Oilers kept battling back and pushing the Canadiens. As the Oilers entered the third period down 3-1 to Montreal in the Bell Center, they kept their heads up and pushed back against the tough Habs. Ales Hemsky and Sam Gagner scored goals in the final ten minutes to tie the game at three apiece.
In overtime, the pressure seemed to get to the Habs when Mike Cammalleri let the puck get away from him and big forward Dustin Penner was headed in the other direction with it on a breakaway which he slipped the puck through Carey Price’s legs for the game-winner. Sounds ugly, doesn’t it? Have a look for yourself.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)