Dec 2, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Some night’s you’ve got it going on. Everything is going right and nothing bad seems to happen. Then there are nights like the final ten minutes of the game for the Montreal Canadiens in their 4-3 overtime loss to Edmonton last night.
The Habs were rolling last night. They were getting timely goals, putting pressure on the young Oilers, and Carey Price was once again seemingly doing his thing. Funny thing happened last night though. The Oilers kept battling back and pushing the Canadiens. As the Oilers entered the third period down 3-1 to Montreal in the Bell Center, they kept their heads up and pushed back against the tough Habs. Ales Hemsky and Sam Gagner scored goals in the final ten minutes to tie the game at three apiece.
In overtime, the pressure seemed to get to the Habs when Mike Cammalleri let the puck get away from him and big forward Dustin Penner was headed in the other direction with it on a breakaway which he slipped the puck through Carey Price’s legs for the game-winner. Sounds ugly, doesn’t it? Have a look for yourself.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)