Dec 2, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Some night’s you’ve got it going on. Everything is going right and nothing bad seems to happen. Then there are nights like the final ten minutes of the game for the Montreal Canadiens in their 4-3 overtime loss to Edmonton last night.
The Habs were rolling last night. They were getting timely goals, putting pressure on the young Oilers, and Carey Price was once again seemingly doing his thing. Funny thing happened last night though. The Oilers kept battling back and pushing the Canadiens. As the Oilers entered the third period down 3-1 to Montreal in the Bell Center, they kept their heads up and pushed back against the tough Habs. Ales Hemsky and Sam Gagner scored goals in the final ten minutes to tie the game at three apiece.
In overtime, the pressure seemed to get to the Habs when Mike Cammalleri let the puck get away from him and big forward Dustin Penner was headed in the other direction with it on a breakaway which he slipped the puck through Carey Price’s legs for the game-winner. Sounds ugly, doesn’t it? Have a look for yourself.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)