Dec 2, 2010, 9:55 AM EST
Some night’s you’ve got it going on. Everything is going right and nothing bad seems to happen. Then there are nights like the final ten minutes of the game for the Montreal Canadiens in their 4-3 overtime loss to Edmonton last night.
The Habs were rolling last night. They were getting timely goals, putting pressure on the young Oilers, and Carey Price was once again seemingly doing his thing. Funny thing happened last night though. The Oilers kept battling back and pushing the Canadiens. As the Oilers entered the third period down 3-1 to Montreal in the Bell Center, they kept their heads up and pushed back against the tough Habs. Ales Hemsky and Sam Gagner scored goals in the final ten minutes to tie the game at three apiece.
In overtime, the pressure seemed to get to the Habs when Mike Cammalleri let the puck get away from him and big forward Dustin Penner was headed in the other direction with it on a breakaway which he slipped the puck through Carey Price’s legs for the game-winner. Sounds ugly, doesn’t it? Have a look for yourself.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)