Dec 2, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Some night’s you’ve got it going on. Everything is going right and nothing bad seems to happen. Then there are nights like the final ten minutes of the game for the Montreal Canadiens in their 4-3 overtime loss to Edmonton last night.
The Habs were rolling last night. They were getting timely goals, putting pressure on the young Oilers, and Carey Price was once again seemingly doing his thing. Funny thing happened last night though. The Oilers kept battling back and pushing the Canadiens. As the Oilers entered the third period down 3-1 to Montreal in the Bell Center, they kept their heads up and pushed back against the tough Habs. Ales Hemsky and Sam Gagner scored goals in the final ten minutes to tie the game at three apiece.
In overtime, the pressure seemed to get to the Habs when Mike Cammalleri let the puck get away from him and big forward Dustin Penner was headed in the other direction with it on a breakaway which he slipped the puck through Carey Price’s legs for the game-winner. Sounds ugly, doesn’t it? Have a look for yourself.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)