Dec 1, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Apparently, when your team allows a bajillion (OK, seven) goals in one game, it might be time to make at least some changes.
That’s the way it goes with the St. Louis Blues, who made some minor alterations to their lineup today. Let’s break down the Blues’ moves in these easy to read bullet points.
- They placed forward David Perron on the injured reserve because of his concussion issues. Honestly, I’m kind of surprised that he wasn’t on the IR already.
- The Blues called up solidly named player Stefan Della Rovere as well as forward Dave Scatchard from Peoria.
- Of course, aside from cases of injury, when players are called up others must be demoted. T.J. Hensick and Chris Porter were demoted to the minor league level to make room for Della Rovere and Scatchard.
Ultimately, these are minor moves made by a team that’s a little banged up and might benefit from the cliched injection of a new blood.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 44
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (44)