Dec 1, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Apparently, when your team allows a bajillion (OK, seven) goals in one game, it might be time to make at least some changes.
That’s the way it goes with the St. Louis Blues, who made some minor alterations to their lineup today. Let’s break down the Blues’ moves in these easy to read bullet points.
- They placed forward David Perron on the injured reserve because of his concussion issues. Honestly, I’m kind of surprised that he wasn’t on the IR already.
- The Blues called up solidly named player Stefan Della Rovere as well as forward Dave Scatchard from Peoria.
- Of course, aside from cases of injury, when players are called up others must be demoted. T.J. Hensick and Chris Porter were demoted to the minor league level to make room for Della Rovere and Scatchard.
Ultimately, these are minor moves made by a team that’s a little banged up and might benefit from the cliched injection of a new blood.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 23
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)