Dec 1, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Apparently, when your team allows a bajillion (OK, seven) goals in one game, it might be time to make at least some changes.
That’s the way it goes with the St. Louis Blues, who made some minor alterations to their lineup today. Let’s break down the Blues’ moves in these easy to read bullet points.
- They placed forward David Perron on the injured reserve because of his concussion issues. Honestly, I’m kind of surprised that he wasn’t on the IR already.
- The Blues called up solidly named player Stefan Della Rovere as well as forward Dave Scatchard from Peoria.
- Of course, aside from cases of injury, when players are called up others must be demoted. T.J. Hensick and Chris Porter were demoted to the minor league level to make room for Della Rovere and Scatchard.
Ultimately, these are minor moves made by a team that’s a little banged up and might benefit from the cliched injection of a new blood.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)