Dec 1, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Apparently, when your team allows a bajillion (OK, seven) goals in one game, it might be time to make at least some changes.
That’s the way it goes with the St. Louis Blues, who made some minor alterations to their lineup today. Let’s break down the Blues’ moves in these easy to read bullet points.
- They placed forward David Perron on the injured reserve because of his concussion issues. Honestly, I’m kind of surprised that he wasn’t on the IR already.
- The Blues called up solidly named player Stefan Della Rovere as well as forward Dave Scatchard from Peoria.
- Of course, aside from cases of injury, when players are called up others must be demoted. T.J. Hensick and Chris Porter were demoted to the minor league level to make room for Della Rovere and Scatchard.
Ultimately, these are minor moves made by a team that’s a little banged up and might benefit from the cliched injection of a new blood.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)