Dec 1, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec has come a long way since he collapsed on the ice during the Atlanta Thrashers’ season opening night game against the Washington Capitals.
He went from going through tests to determine what caused the fall that gave him a concussion to slowly getting his legs under him to becoming one of the hottest goalies in the NHL. He earned the first star of the week award for November 22-28 and seems like he isn’t ready to stop yet, as he helped the Thrashers win six games in a row.
Tonight was just another example of the great play he provided during that run as one of the the hottest players on the team alongside beefy defenseman Dustin Byfuglien. Check out his diving stop by clicking on the video below.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)