Dec 1, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Ondrej Pavelec has come a long way since he collapsed on the ice during the Atlanta Thrashers’ season opening night game against the Washington Capitals.
He went from going through tests to determine what caused the fall that gave him a concussion to slowly getting his legs under him to becoming one of the hottest goalies in the NHL. He earned the first star of the week award for November 22-28 and seems like he isn’t ready to stop yet, as he helped the Thrashers win six games in a row.
Tonight was just another example of the great play he provided during that run as one of the the hottest players on the team alongside beefy defenseman Dustin Byfuglien. Check out his diving stop by clicking on the video below.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)