Dec 1, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Ondrej Pavelec has come a long way since he collapsed on the ice during the Atlanta Thrashers’ season opening night game against the Washington Capitals.
He went from going through tests to determine what caused the fall that gave him a concussion to slowly getting his legs under him to becoming one of the hottest goalies in the NHL. He earned the first star of the week award for November 22-28 and seems like he isn’t ready to stop yet, as he helped the Thrashers win six games in a row.
Tonight was just another example of the great play he provided during that run as one of the the hottest players on the team alongside beefy defenseman Dustin Byfuglien. Check out his diving stop by clicking on the video below.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)