Dec 1, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Ondrej Pavelec has come a long way since he collapsed on the ice during the Atlanta Thrashers’ season opening night game against the Washington Capitals.
He went from going through tests to determine what caused the fall that gave him a concussion to slowly getting his legs under him to becoming one of the hottest goalies in the NHL. He earned the first star of the week award for November 22-28 and seems like he isn’t ready to stop yet, as he helped the Thrashers win six games in a row.
Tonight was just another example of the great play he provided during that run as one of the the hottest players on the team alongside beefy defenseman Dustin Byfuglien. Check out his diving stop by clicking on the video below.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 29
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)