Dec 1, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec has come a long way since he collapsed on the ice during the Atlanta Thrashers’ season opening night game against the Washington Capitals.
He went from going through tests to determine what caused the fall that gave him a concussion to slowly getting his legs under him to becoming one of the hottest goalies in the NHL. He earned the first star of the week award for November 22-28 and seems like he isn’t ready to stop yet, as he helped the Thrashers win six games in a row.
Tonight was just another example of the great play he provided during that run as one of the the hottest players on the team alongside beefy defenseman Dustin Byfuglien. Check out his diving stop by clicking on the video below.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)