Dec 1, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
Although only one of them will probably play against the Montreal Canadiens tonight, the Edmonton Oilers should have two important players suit up for them for the first time in a while tonight. Playmaking winger Ales Hemsky will play after missing three games due to a groin injury while Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin is planning on suiting up but Devan Dubnyk is expected to start, according to NHL.com.
As is often the case when a player comes off the injured reserve, someone needs to go. That would be goalie Martin Gerber, who has been demoted to the AHL even though he went 2-0 with a 95 save percentage.
Arpon Basu reports that Hemsky will skate on a line with Sam Gagner and Magnus Paajarvi, but coach Tom Renney said he will manage the talented passer’s ice time.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21