Dec 1, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
Although only one of them will probably play against the Montreal Canadiens tonight, the Edmonton Oilers should have two important players suit up for them for the first time in a while tonight. Playmaking winger Ales Hemsky will play after missing three games due to a groin injury while Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin is planning on suiting up but Devan Dubnyk is expected to start, according to NHL.com.
As is often the case when a player comes off the injured reserve, someone needs to go. That would be goalie Martin Gerber, who has been demoted to the AHL even though he went 2-0 with a 95 save percentage.
Arpon Basu reports that Hemsky will skate on a line with Sam Gagner and Magnus Paajarvi, but coach Tom Renney said he will manage the talented passer’s ice time.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)