Dec 1, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
Although only one of them will probably play against the Montreal Canadiens tonight, the Edmonton Oilers should have two important players suit up for them for the first time in a while tonight. Playmaking winger Ales Hemsky will play after missing three games due to a groin injury while Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin is planning on suiting up but Devan Dubnyk is expected to start, according to NHL.com.
As is often the case when a player comes off the injured reserve, someone needs to go. That would be goalie Martin Gerber, who has been demoted to the AHL even though he went 2-0 with a 95 save percentage.
Arpon Basu reports that Hemsky will skate on a line with Sam Gagner and Magnus Paajarvi, but coach Tom Renney said he will manage the talented passer’s ice time.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 18
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 14
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)