Nov 30, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
There are nights that when Anaheim goalie Jonas Hiller is on his game he’s absolutely unreal and a great source of frustration for opposing scorers. Last night, Kings scorers are wishing that Hiller wasn’t having one of those games. Hiller was stellar in leading the Ducks to a 2-0 win over their rivals and when it came to crunch time, Hiller shined.
With the minutes clicking down in the third period, the Kings top line of Ryan Smyth, Justin Williams, and Anze Kopitar was swarming the Ducks zone. Smyth and Williams converged on the Ducks defense behind their own net and connected on a centering pass to Kopitar who drove the net, sniped for the corner of the net only to be robbed by Hiller with a gorgeous lunging glove save. Kopitar, exasperated by yet another save by Hiller, looked to the heavens in disbelief.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15