Nov 30, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
There are nights that when Anaheim goalie Jonas Hiller is on his game he’s absolutely unreal and a great source of frustration for opposing scorers. Last night, Kings scorers are wishing that Hiller wasn’t having one of those games. Hiller was stellar in leading the Ducks to a 2-0 win over their rivals and when it came to crunch time, Hiller shined.
With the minutes clicking down in the third period, the Kings top line of Ryan Smyth, Justin Williams, and Anze Kopitar was swarming the Ducks zone. Smyth and Williams converged on the Ducks defense behind their own net and connected on a centering pass to Kopitar who drove the net, sniped for the corner of the net only to be robbed by Hiller with a gorgeous lunging glove save. Kopitar, exasperated by yet another save by Hiller, looked to the heavens in disbelief.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6