Nov 30, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
There are nights that when Anaheim goalie Jonas Hiller is on his game he’s absolutely unreal and a great source of frustration for opposing scorers. Last night, Kings scorers are wishing that Hiller wasn’t having one of those games. Hiller was stellar in leading the Ducks to a 2-0 win over their rivals and when it came to crunch time, Hiller shined.
With the minutes clicking down in the third period, the Kings top line of Ryan Smyth, Justin Williams, and Anze Kopitar was swarming the Ducks zone. Smyth and Williams converged on the Ducks defense behind their own net and connected on a centering pass to Kopitar who drove the net, sniped for the corner of the net only to be robbed by Hiller with a gorgeous lunging glove save. Kopitar, exasperated by yet another save by Hiller, looked to the heavens in disbelief.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8