Nov 30, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
Practice is the place where teams work out the kinks of what’s affecting them. A place where a team can figure out what is and isn’t working anymore and what needs improvement. In the case of the Chicago Blackhawks, practice is also where one of your top scorers can get injured colliding with one of your defensemen.
Such is the case for Hawks stud scorer Marian Hossa. Hossa collided with defenseman Nick Boynton in practice yesterday and will now be out of the Hawks lineup for the next 2-3 weeks with a lower body injury. Chicago recalled Jeremy Morin to take Hossa’s place in the lineup.
Hossa has looked like his old self for most of this season scoring eight goals and adding ten assists in 21 games this year. He missed a handful of games already this season with an upper body injury. Since returning to the Chicago lineup from that injury, Hossa’s goal scoring touch has gone away as he’s had just one goal and five assists since then. Hossa was rounding into form finally when this mishap went down. Bad luck is a pain sometimes.
As for Nick Boynton, we’re sure he feels plenty of shame for helping knock out his teammate. We suspect he didn’t send Hossa off with an unkind gesture though.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)