Nov 30, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
Practice is the place where teams work out the kinks of what’s affecting them. A place where a team can figure out what is and isn’t working anymore and what needs improvement. In the case of the Chicago Blackhawks, practice is also where one of your top scorers can get injured colliding with one of your defensemen.
Such is the case for Hawks stud scorer Marian Hossa. Hossa collided with defenseman Nick Boynton in practice yesterday and will now be out of the Hawks lineup for the next 2-3 weeks with a lower body injury. Chicago recalled Jeremy Morin to take Hossa’s place in the lineup.
Hossa has looked like his old self for most of this season scoring eight goals and adding ten assists in 21 games this year. He missed a handful of games already this season with an upper body injury. Since returning to the Chicago lineup from that injury, Hossa’s goal scoring touch has gone away as he’s had just one goal and five assists since then. Hossa was rounding into form finally when this mishap went down. Bad luck is a pain sometimes.
As for Nick Boynton, we’re sure he feels plenty of shame for helping knock out his teammate. We suspect he didn’t send Hossa off with an unkind gesture though.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)