Nov 30, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
Practice is the place where teams work out the kinks of what’s affecting them. A place where a team can figure out what is and isn’t working anymore and what needs improvement. In the case of the Chicago Blackhawks, practice is also where one of your top scorers can get injured colliding with one of your defensemen.
Such is the case for Hawks stud scorer Marian Hossa. Hossa collided with defenseman Nick Boynton in practice yesterday and will now be out of the Hawks lineup for the next 2-3 weeks with a lower body injury. Chicago recalled Jeremy Morin to take Hossa’s place in the lineup.
Hossa has looked like his old self for most of this season scoring eight goals and adding ten assists in 21 games this year. He missed a handful of games already this season with an upper body injury. Since returning to the Chicago lineup from that injury, Hossa’s goal scoring touch has gone away as he’s had just one goal and five assists since then. Hossa was rounding into form finally when this mishap went down. Bad luck is a pain sometimes.
As for Nick Boynton, we’re sure he feels plenty of shame for helping knock out his teammate. We suspect he didn’t send Hossa off with an unkind gesture though.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)