Nov 30, 2010, 1:57 PM EST
Practice is the place where teams work out the kinks of what’s affecting them. A place where a team can figure out what is and isn’t working anymore and what needs improvement. In the case of the Chicago Blackhawks, practice is also where one of your top scorers can get injured colliding with one of your defensemen.
Such is the case for Hawks stud scorer Marian Hossa. Hossa collided with defenseman Nick Boynton in practice yesterday and will now be out of the Hawks lineup for the next 2-3 weeks with a lower body injury. Chicago recalled Jeremy Morin to take Hossa’s place in the lineup.
Hossa has looked like his old self for most of this season scoring eight goals and adding ten assists in 21 games this year. He missed a handful of games already this season with an upper body injury. Since returning to the Chicago lineup from that injury, Hossa’s goal scoring touch has gone away as he’s had just one goal and five assists since then. Hossa was rounding into form finally when this mishap went down. Bad luck is a pain sometimes.
As for Nick Boynton, we’re sure he feels plenty of shame for helping knock out his teammate. We suspect he didn’t send Hossa off with an unkind gesture though.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 8
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)