Nov 30, 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
Practice is the place where teams work out the kinks of what’s affecting them. A place where a team can figure out what is and isn’t working anymore and what needs improvement. In the case of the Chicago Blackhawks, practice is also where one of your top scorers can get injured colliding with one of your defensemen.
Such is the case for Hawks stud scorer Marian Hossa. Hossa collided with defenseman Nick Boynton in practice yesterday and will now be out of the Hawks lineup for the next 2-3 weeks with a lower body injury. Chicago recalled Jeremy Morin to take Hossa’s place in the lineup.
Hossa has looked like his old self for most of this season scoring eight goals and adding ten assists in 21 games this year. He missed a handful of games already this season with an upper body injury. Since returning to the Chicago lineup from that injury, Hossa’s goal scoring touch has gone away as he’s had just one goal and five assists since then. Hossa was rounding into form finally when this mishap went down. Bad luck is a pain sometimes.
As for Nick Boynton, we’re sure he feels plenty of shame for helping knock out his teammate. We suspect he didn’t send Hossa off with an unkind gesture though.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)