Nov 29, 2010, 11:47 PM EST
The NHL has updated the race in voting and while some things have stayed the same from last week, there are a handful of changes in the standings this week.
Penguins star Sidney Crosby is again at the top of the polls as the leading vote getter with 218,791 votes. The Pens captain is well in front of others, but the shuffle amongst the others is interesting. Steve Stamkos was sitting fourth last week but vaulted up to second amongst forwards this week and has 141,818. Jonathan Toews is third while Alexander Ovechkin falls to fourth and Patrick Kane hangs back in fifth.
On defense, Duncan Keith continues to hold his top spot amongst blue liners with 137,642 votes. Moving up to second is Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger with 137,549 votes making things a lot tighter up top. Slipping to third is Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom with 134,626 votes. Penguins write-in candidate Kris Letang is a bit further back in fourth place while Philly’s Kimmo Timonen is fifth.
In goal, the Montreal write-in campaign for Carey Price is officially a force of voting nature. Price leads the way amongst goalies with 145,726 votes, a total good for second most votes overall amongst all players. We complimented Montreal fans in a big way last week for doing their part in getting Price to the top. Let’s just hope there’s not any computer programming nonsense going on to get Price to the top of the list. Behind him is fellow write-in candidate Sergei Bobrovsky of Philadelphia with 116,725. Marc-Andre Fleury of Pittsburgh is further back in third while St. Louis’ Jaroslav Halak is fourth and Boston’s Tim Thomas holds strong in fifth.
The push from Stamkos was to be expected after his blazing start to the top of the goal scoring list and the open gushing over him by those of us running websites. Yes, we’re big fans. Seeing Alex Ovechkin slip back to fourth is quite a shock considering he’s one of the top guys in the league and Caps fans are amongst the most rabid in the league. They could take a note from Montreal and Philly fans on how to vote often.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5