Nov 29, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
As Joe discussed yesterday, Colorado Avalanche power forward Chris Stewart broke his hand during a fight with Minnesota Wild center Kyle Brodziak during the second period of the Avs’ 7-4 win.
The talented winger could miss four to six weeks with that injury, according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
This is a harsh blow to the team, as they’re already dealing with some bumps and bruises at this point in the season. One other notable injured Avalanche player is goalie Craig Anderson, who is dealing with a groin injury just days after recovering from knee problems.
Losing Stewart could hurt just as much, being that he is second on the team with 25 points in 23 games played. It’s important to note that this injury report is from a beat writer rather than the team, but Dater has been covering the team for quite some time so he’s a very reliable source.
Naturally, these situations can change once new information comes to light, so we’ll keep you informed about his status over the weeks/months.
Here is a video of that fight in which he broke his hand, in case you’re curious.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13