Nov 29, 2010, 4:05 PM EST
As Joe discussed yesterday, Colorado Avalanche power forward Chris Stewart broke his hand during a fight with Minnesota Wild center Kyle Brodziak during the second period of the Avs’ 7-4 win.
The talented winger could miss four to six weeks with that injury, according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
This is a harsh blow to the team, as they’re already dealing with some bumps and bruises at this point in the season. One other notable injured Avalanche player is goalie Craig Anderson, who is dealing with a groin injury just days after recovering from knee problems.
Losing Stewart could hurt just as much, being that he is second on the team with 25 points in 23 games played. It’s important to note that this injury report is from a beat writer rather than the team, but Dater has been covering the team for quite some time so he’s a very reliable source.
Naturally, these situations can change once new information comes to light, so we’ll keep you informed about his status over the weeks/months.
Here is a video of that fight in which he broke his hand, in case you’re curious.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32