Nov 29, 2010, 4:05 PM EST
As Joe discussed yesterday, Colorado Avalanche power forward Chris Stewart broke his hand during a fight with Minnesota Wild center Kyle Brodziak during the second period of the Avs’ 7-4 win.
The talented winger could miss four to six weeks with that injury, according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
This is a harsh blow to the team, as they’re already dealing with some bumps and bruises at this point in the season. One other notable injured Avalanche player is goalie Craig Anderson, who is dealing with a groin injury just days after recovering from knee problems.
Losing Stewart could hurt just as much, being that he is second on the team with 25 points in 23 games played. It’s important to note that this injury report is from a beat writer rather than the team, but Dater has been covering the team for quite some time so he’s a very reliable source.
Naturally, these situations can change once new information comes to light, so we’ll keep you informed about his status over the weeks/months.
Here is a video of that fight in which he broke his hand, in case you’re curious.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)