Nov 29, 2010, 4:05 PM EST
As Joe discussed yesterday, Colorado Avalanche power forward Chris Stewart broke his hand during a fight with Minnesota Wild center Kyle Brodziak during the second period of the Avs’ 7-4 win.
The talented winger could miss four to six weeks with that injury, according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
This is a harsh blow to the team, as they’re already dealing with some bumps and bruises at this point in the season. One other notable injured Avalanche player is goalie Craig Anderson, who is dealing with a groin injury just days after recovering from knee problems.
Losing Stewart could hurt just as much, being that he is second on the team with 25 points in 23 games played. It’s important to note that this injury report is from a beat writer rather than the team, but Dater has been covering the team for quite some time so he’s a very reliable source.
Naturally, these situations can change once new information comes to light, so we’ll keep you informed about his status over the weeks/months.
Here is a video of that fight in which he broke his hand, in case you’re curious.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3