Nov 29, 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
As Joe discussed yesterday, Colorado Avalanche power forward Chris Stewart broke his hand during a fight with Minnesota Wild center Kyle Brodziak during the second period of the Avs’ 7-4 win.
The talented winger could miss four to six weeks with that injury, according to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post.
This is a harsh blow to the team, as they’re already dealing with some bumps and bruises at this point in the season. One other notable injured Avalanche player is goalie Craig Anderson, who is dealing with a groin injury just days after recovering from knee problems.
Losing Stewart could hurt just as much, being that he is second on the team with 25 points in 23 games played. It’s important to note that this injury report is from a beat writer rather than the team, but Dater has been covering the team for quite some time so he’s a very reliable source.
Naturally, these situations can change once new information comes to light, so we’ll keep you informed about his status over the weeks/months.
Here is a video of that fight in which he broke his hand, in case you’re curious.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5