Nov 28, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
All right so the Flames had a pretty rough road trip and their 4-1 loss to the Penguins yesterday seemed to pile on about how rough things are for them now. Things don’t always seem so bleak though when Miikka Kiprusoff is able to make a flashy save though. Kipper had to come up big early on in the game in the first period when Penguins captain Sidney Crosby was tripped up on a breakaway and awarded a penalty shot.
You’d have to think that having Sidney Crosby getting an unabated opportunity to score a goal would really stack the odds against any goaltender. Sure, Sid isn’t always so successful on such opportunities (his numbers in the shootout aren’t as good as you’d think they would be) but still, he’s one of the best players in the league and giving him that opportunity is like begging for him to score a ton of goals against you for no good reason. Sid got his yesterday earning a hat trick, but Kiprusoff wasn’t letting him get things started by scoring on the penalty shot, stopping Crosby with a gorgeous spread eagle glove save to his left after Sid made a nifty deke to get Kiprusoff out of position.
Seeing is worth believing so check out the video of the save of the day here.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)