Nov 28, 2010, 9:25 AM EDT
All right so the Flames had a pretty rough road trip and their 4-1 loss to the Penguins yesterday seemed to pile on about how rough things are for them now. Things don’t always seem so bleak though when Miikka Kiprusoff is able to make a flashy save though. Kipper had to come up big early on in the game in the first period when Penguins captain Sidney Crosby was tripped up on a breakaway and awarded a penalty shot.
You’d have to think that having Sidney Crosby getting an unabated opportunity to score a goal would really stack the odds against any goaltender. Sure, Sid isn’t always so successful on such opportunities (his numbers in the shootout aren’t as good as you’d think they would be) but still, he’s one of the best players in the league and giving him that opportunity is like begging for him to score a ton of goals against you for no good reason. Sid got his yesterday earning a hat trick, but Kiprusoff wasn’t letting him get things started by scoring on the penalty shot, stopping Crosby with a gorgeous spread eagle glove save to his left after Sid made a nifty deke to get Kiprusoff out of position.
Seeing is worth believing so check out the video of the save of the day here.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)