Nov 28, 2010, 9:03 PM EST
With all three of tonight’s games ending early, we thought we would take an usually prompt ride on the old recap Zamboni.
Check out the full recap regarding the Detroit Red Wings taking a commanding lead in the Central Division after sweeping a home-and-home series against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Ondrej Pavelec has been absolutely dominant as the Thrashers are now on an impressive five game winning streak, with their goalie earning two shutouts and only allowing three goals in that span. He stopped 40 out of 41 shots to help Atlanta beat Boston.
Dustin Byfuglien was the other star of the game, scoring one goal and adding three assists as he was involved in every Thrashers goal. This gives the burly defenseman nine goals and 16 assists for 25 points in 24 games.
The only NHL team that’s more impressive at home than Detroit is the Washington Capitals, who improved their record in D.C. to 12-1-1. They won the game via a shootout, as Alex Ovechkin was the only player who managed to score during the skills competition.
Cam Ward kept the Canes in the game, making 38 out of 40 saves (Marcus Johansson and Alexander Semin scored their goals). Semyon Varlamov earned the win, allowing two goals on 28 shots.
Washington now has the league lead in points with 36 and wins with 17. Now if they can just improve their record on the road (5-5-1), they’d be in serious business.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 27
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)