Nov 28, 2010, 9:03 PM EDT
With all three of tonight’s games ending early, we thought we would take an usually prompt ride on the old recap Zamboni.
Check out the full recap regarding the Detroit Red Wings taking a commanding lead in the Central Division after sweeping a home-and-home series against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Ondrej Pavelec has been absolutely dominant as the Thrashers are now on an impressive five game winning streak, with their goalie earning two shutouts and only allowing three goals in that span. He stopped 40 out of 41 shots to help Atlanta beat Boston.
Dustin Byfuglien was the other star of the game, scoring one goal and adding three assists as he was involved in every Thrashers goal. This gives the burly defenseman nine goals and 16 assists for 25 points in 24 games.
The only NHL team that’s more impressive at home than Detroit is the Washington Capitals, who improved their record in D.C. to 12-1-1. They won the game via a shootout, as Alex Ovechkin was the only player who managed to score during the skills competition.
Cam Ward kept the Canes in the game, making 38 out of 40 saves (Marcus Johansson and Alexander Semin scored their goals). Semyon Varlamov earned the win, allowing two goals on 28 shots.
Washington now has the league lead in points with 36 and wins with 17. Now if they can just improve their record on the road (5-5-1), they’d be in serious business.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)