Nov 28, 2010, 9:03 PM EDT
With all three of tonight’s games ending early, we thought we would take an usually prompt ride on the old recap Zamboni.
Check out the full recap regarding the Detroit Red Wings taking a commanding lead in the Central Division after sweeping a home-and-home series against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Ondrej Pavelec has been absolutely dominant as the Thrashers are now on an impressive five game winning streak, with their goalie earning two shutouts and only allowing three goals in that span. He stopped 40 out of 41 shots to help Atlanta beat Boston.
Dustin Byfuglien was the other star of the game, scoring one goal and adding three assists as he was involved in every Thrashers goal. This gives the burly defenseman nine goals and 16 assists for 25 points in 24 games.
The only NHL team that’s more impressive at home than Detroit is the Washington Capitals, who improved their record in D.C. to 12-1-1. They won the game via a shootout, as Alex Ovechkin was the only player who managed to score during the skills competition.
Cam Ward kept the Canes in the game, making 38 out of 40 saves (Marcus Johansson and Alexander Semin scored their goals). Semyon Varlamov earned the win, allowing two goals on 28 shots.
Washington now has the league lead in points with 36 and wins with 17. Now if they can just improve their record on the road (5-5-1), they’d be in serious business.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 16
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)