Nov 28, 2010, 9:03 PM EDT
With all three of tonight’s games ending early, we thought we would take an usually prompt ride on the old recap Zamboni.
Check out the full recap regarding the Detroit Red Wings taking a commanding lead in the Central Division after sweeping a home-and-home series against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Ondrej Pavelec has been absolutely dominant as the Thrashers are now on an impressive five game winning streak, with their goalie earning two shutouts and only allowing three goals in that span. He stopped 40 out of 41 shots to help Atlanta beat Boston.
Dustin Byfuglien was the other star of the game, scoring one goal and adding three assists as he was involved in every Thrashers goal. This gives the burly defenseman nine goals and 16 assists for 25 points in 24 games.
The only NHL team that’s more impressive at home than Detroit is the Washington Capitals, who improved their record in D.C. to 12-1-1. They won the game via a shootout, as Alex Ovechkin was the only player who managed to score during the skills competition.
Cam Ward kept the Canes in the game, making 38 out of 40 saves (Marcus Johansson and Alexander Semin scored their goals). Semyon Varlamov earned the win, allowing two goals on 28 shots.
Washington now has the league lead in points with 36 and wins with 17. Now if they can just improve their record on the road (5-5-1), they’d be in serious business.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)