Nov 28, 2010, 9:03 PM EDT
With all three of tonight’s games ending early, we thought we would take an usually prompt ride on the old recap Zamboni.
Check out the full recap regarding the Detroit Red Wings taking a commanding lead in the Central Division after sweeping a home-and-home series against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Ondrej Pavelec has been absolutely dominant as the Thrashers are now on an impressive five game winning streak, with their goalie earning two shutouts and only allowing three goals in that span. He stopped 40 out of 41 shots to help Atlanta beat Boston.
Dustin Byfuglien was the other star of the game, scoring one goal and adding three assists as he was involved in every Thrashers goal. This gives the burly defenseman nine goals and 16 assists for 25 points in 24 games.
The only NHL team that’s more impressive at home than Detroit is the Washington Capitals, who improved their record in D.C. to 12-1-1. They won the game via a shootout, as Alex Ovechkin was the only player who managed to score during the skills competition.
Cam Ward kept the Canes in the game, making 38 out of 40 saves (Marcus Johansson and Alexander Semin scored their goals). Semyon Varlamov earned the win, allowing two goals on 28 shots.
Washington now has the league lead in points with 36 and wins with 17. Now if they can just improve their record on the road (5-5-1), they’d be in serious business.
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)