Nov 28, 2010, 11:06 PM EDT
(It’s been a poll results filled night. If you want to know how PHT readers feel about the Columbus Blue Jackets’ new third jerseys click here or if the referees made the right call when they disallowed a goal because of Chris Pronger’s antics go here.)
While I admit that I don’t mind the Blue Jackets’ third jerseys, the Anaheim Ducks unveiled new alternate uniforms of their own this weekend that beat the Columbus duds in at least one category: uniqueness. While Columbus aped the styles of the Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues and Florida Panthers, the Ducks’ design was all their own.
It features the team’s logo in a bigger way than ever before, sports the team’s old Disney logo as the shoulder patch and perhaps the best/worst part: it has a heavy helping of orange.
Personally, I like it. It’s interesting, fairly sharp and different. But let’s see how PHT readers felt about it.
Much like the other polls of the night, it was a landslide victory. This one was a slight bit more lopsided, even, as more than 71 percent said that they like the new Ducks alternate uniforms.
Every now and then, a third jersey becomes a team’s main look. If you ask me, the Ducks would be wise to consider switching to those.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5