Nov 28, 2010, 11:06 PM EDT
(It’s been a poll results filled night. If you want to know how PHT readers feel about the Columbus Blue Jackets’ new third jerseys click here or if the referees made the right call when they disallowed a goal because of Chris Pronger’s antics go here.)
While I admit that I don’t mind the Blue Jackets’ third jerseys, the Anaheim Ducks unveiled new alternate uniforms of their own this weekend that beat the Columbus duds in at least one category: uniqueness. While Columbus aped the styles of the Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues and Florida Panthers, the Ducks’ design was all their own.
It features the team’s logo in a bigger way than ever before, sports the team’s old Disney logo as the shoulder patch and perhaps the best/worst part: it has a heavy helping of orange.
Personally, I like it. It’s interesting, fairly sharp and different. But let’s see how PHT readers felt about it.
Much like the other polls of the night, it was a landslide victory. This one was a slight bit more lopsided, even, as more than 71 percent said that they like the new Ducks alternate uniforms.
Every now and then, a third jersey becomes a team’s main look. If you ask me, the Ducks would be wise to consider switching to those.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)