Nov 28, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
When Joe summarized the Columbus Blue Jackets’ new third jerseys, I think he hit the nail on the head on many levels.
You’d have to be a blind devotee to deny the fact that the color scheme/general design resembles other alternates sweaters worn by the Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues and the Florida Panthers.
He’s also correct that the logo – for all its strengths and historical nods – seems in some ways a little bland.
Yet, despite all of those misgivings … I think they’re pretty solid. Sure, they lack the classic brilliance of those beautiful Montreal Canadiens uniforms or those bright, bold Red Wings duds, but such comments are akin to bemoaning a woman for not looking like Gisele in lingerie.
To me, the third jerseys are solid but certainly lack some originality. They’re far from the best, but they are reasonably tasteful. Enough of my thoughts, though, let’s take a look at the poll results to see what the majority of PHT readers think.
So, as you can see, about two-thirds of PHT readers said that they liked them while a little more than one-third said they didn’t. Of course, we didn’t place any qualifiers such as “love/like/mildly accept them” so it’s unclear just how much people enjoy them.
With that in mind, feel free to discuss just how much you like (or dislike) those new alt-uniforms in the comments.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)