Nov 28, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
When Joe summarized the Columbus Blue Jackets’ new third jerseys, I think he hit the nail on the head on many levels.
You’d have to be a blind devotee to deny the fact that the color scheme/general design resembles other alternates sweaters worn by the Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues and the Florida Panthers.
He’s also correct that the logo – for all its strengths and historical nods – seems in some ways a little bland.
Yet, despite all of those misgivings … I think they’re pretty solid. Sure, they lack the classic brilliance of those beautiful Montreal Canadiens uniforms or those bright, bold Red Wings duds, but such comments are akin to bemoaning a woman for not looking like Gisele in lingerie.
To me, the third jerseys are solid but certainly lack some originality. They’re far from the best, but they are reasonably tasteful. Enough of my thoughts, though, let’s take a look at the poll results to see what the majority of PHT readers think.
So, as you can see, about two-thirds of PHT readers said that they liked them while a little more than one-third said they didn’t. Of course, we didn’t place any qualifiers such as “love/like/mildly accept them” so it’s unclear just how much people enjoy them.
With that in mind, feel free to discuss just how much you like (or dislike) those new alt-uniforms in the comments.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)