Nov 28, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
When Joe summarized the Columbus Blue Jackets’ new third jerseys, I think he hit the nail on the head on many levels.
You’d have to be a blind devotee to deny the fact that the color scheme/general design resembles other alternates sweaters worn by the Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues and the Florida Panthers.
He’s also correct that the logo – for all its strengths and historical nods – seems in some ways a little bland.
Yet, despite all of those misgivings … I think they’re pretty solid. Sure, they lack the classic brilliance of those beautiful Montreal Canadiens uniforms or those bright, bold Red Wings duds, but such comments are akin to bemoaning a woman for not looking like Gisele in lingerie.
To me, the third jerseys are solid but certainly lack some originality. They’re far from the best, but they are reasonably tasteful. Enough of my thoughts, though, let’s take a look at the poll results to see what the majority of PHT readers think.
So, as you can see, about two-thirds of PHT readers said that they liked them while a little more than one-third said they didn’t. Of course, we didn’t place any qualifiers such as “love/like/mildly accept them” so it’s unclear just how much people enjoy them.
With that in mind, feel free to discuss just how much you like (or dislike) those new alt-uniforms in the comments.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)