Nov 28, 2010, 6:47 PM EDT
When Joe summarized the Columbus Blue Jackets’ new third jerseys, I think he hit the nail on the head on many levels.
You’d have to be a blind devotee to deny the fact that the color scheme/general design resembles other alternates sweaters worn by the Pittsburgh Penguins, St. Louis Blues and the Florida Panthers.
He’s also correct that the logo – for all its strengths and historical nods – seems in some ways a little bland.
Yet, despite all of those misgivings … I think they’re pretty solid. Sure, they lack the classic brilliance of those beautiful Montreal Canadiens uniforms or those bright, bold Red Wings duds, but such comments are akin to bemoaning a woman for not looking like Gisele in lingerie.
To me, the third jerseys are solid but certainly lack some originality. They’re far from the best, but they are reasonably tasteful. Enough of my thoughts, though, let’s take a look at the poll results to see what the majority of PHT readers think.
So, as you can see, about two-thirds of PHT readers said that they liked them while a little more than one-third said they didn’t. Of course, we didn’t place any qualifiers such as “love/like/mildly accept them” so it’s unclear just how much people enjoy them.
With that in mind, feel free to discuss just how much you like (or dislike) those new alt-uniforms in the comments.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5