Nov 28, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Sometimes when you’re painted as the local villain, finding new and inventive ways of getting under the local’s skin can yield great results. For San Jose Sharks forward Dany Heatley, he was able to find a fancy way of making Edmonton Oilers fans even more furious at him than they already were.
Two off-seasons ago, Heatley was nearly an Edmonton Oiler forward, but he nixed a deal that would’ve sent him to the great white north of Alberta, Canada and was instead traded to San Jose. Oilers fans haven’t forgotten it and let him hear it whenever he touches the puck inside Rexall Place. The boos cascade down one way or another, and tonight Heatley earned a few more up there. Heatley’s second goal of the night came courtesy of his nifty move to throw the puck off the back of Oilers goalie Devan Dubnyk’s leg and into the net. It isn’t pretty, but it is pretty smart. Check it out in our video.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18