Nov 28, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Sometimes when you’re painted as the local villain, finding new and inventive ways of getting under the local’s skin can yield great results. For San Jose Sharks forward Dany Heatley, he was able to find a fancy way of making Edmonton Oilers fans even more furious at him than they already were.
Two off-seasons ago, Heatley was nearly an Edmonton Oiler forward, but he nixed a deal that would’ve sent him to the great white north of Alberta, Canada and was instead traded to San Jose. Oilers fans haven’t forgotten it and let him hear it whenever he touches the puck inside Rexall Place. The boos cascade down one way or another, and tonight Heatley earned a few more up there. Heatley’s second goal of the night came courtesy of his nifty move to throw the puck off the back of Oilers goalie Devan Dubnyk’s leg and into the net. It isn’t pretty, but it is pretty smart. Check it out in our video.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39