Nov 28, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Sometimes when you’re painted as the local villain, finding new and inventive ways of getting under the local’s skin can yield great results. For San Jose Sharks forward Dany Heatley, he was able to find a fancy way of making Edmonton Oilers fans even more furious at him than they already were.
Two off-seasons ago, Heatley was nearly an Edmonton Oiler forward, but he nixed a deal that would’ve sent him to the great white north of Alberta, Canada and was instead traded to San Jose. Oilers fans haven’t forgotten it and let him hear it whenever he touches the puck inside Rexall Place. The boos cascade down one way or another, and tonight Heatley earned a few more up there. Heatley’s second goal of the night came courtesy of his nifty move to throw the puck off the back of Oilers goalie Devan Dubnyk’s leg and into the net. It isn’t pretty, but it is pretty smart. Check it out in our video.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63