Nov 28, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Sometimes when you’re painted as the local villain, finding new and inventive ways of getting under the local’s skin can yield great results. For San Jose Sharks forward Dany Heatley, he was able to find a fancy way of making Edmonton Oilers fans even more furious at him than they already were.
Two off-seasons ago, Heatley was nearly an Edmonton Oiler forward, but he nixed a deal that would’ve sent him to the great white north of Alberta, Canada and was instead traded to San Jose. Oilers fans haven’t forgotten it and let him hear it whenever he touches the puck inside Rexall Place. The boos cascade down one way or another, and tonight Heatley earned a few more up there. Heatley’s second goal of the night came courtesy of his nifty move to throw the puck off the back of Oilers goalie Devan Dubnyk’s leg and into the net. It isn’t pretty, but it is pretty smart. Check it out in our video.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36