Nov 28, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Sometimes when you’re painted as the local villain, finding new and inventive ways of getting under the local’s skin can yield great results. For San Jose Sharks forward Dany Heatley, he was able to find a fancy way of making Edmonton Oilers fans even more furious at him than they already were.
Two off-seasons ago, Heatley was nearly an Edmonton Oiler forward, but he nixed a deal that would’ve sent him to the great white north of Alberta, Canada and was instead traded to San Jose. Oilers fans haven’t forgotten it and let him hear it whenever he touches the puck inside Rexall Place. The boos cascade down one way or another, and tonight Heatley earned a few more up there. Heatley’s second goal of the night came courtesy of his nifty move to throw the puck off the back of Oilers goalie Devan Dubnyk’s leg and into the net. It isn’t pretty, but it is pretty smart. Check it out in our video.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5