Nov 28, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
Chuck Kobasew is a solid worker who can bring some decent speed to a team, but he really hasn’t done a whole lot since the Boston Bruins traded him to the Minnesota Wild for salary cap reasons. Then again, he hasn’t really had much of a chance to do so this month as the winger has been injured since November 2nd.
Michael Russo of the Minnesota Star Tribune reports that Kobasew could return to the Wild lineup as soon as tomorrow if things go well. He has been dealing with a groin injury for about the last month.
Kobasew scored nine goals and five assists for 14 points in 42 games for the Wild after that trade in 2009-10 but only managed one goal in 11 games this season. He’s not an impact player and probably won’t improve too dramatically at age 28, but Minnesota could still use his versatility.
Meanwhile, Russo reports that the team also called up Jack Spurgeon, a 20-year-old defenseman the team signed as an undrafted free agent. Spurgeon might play if Marek Zidlicky sits their next contest out, as Russo wrote that Zidlicky was “wrapped up like a mummy” in ice packs after the team’s last game.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 0
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 21
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)