Nov 28, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
So you stuffed yourself silly all weekend and now you’ve got a leftover turkey leg and three-day-old mashed potatoes and stuffing to keep you feeling lazy today. Kick back and enjoy it everyone, it’s a three-game Sunday of action and you’ll be able to get it all done before you pass out from exhaustion tonight. Time listed is, as always, Eastern.
Carolina @ Washington
These two teams just met last on Wednesday, a Caps 3-2 win that got Washington off a three-game losing streak. In the meantime, it’s looking like Mike Green will return to the lineup and that can only spell bad things for the Hurricanes. The Caps broke out in a big way on Friday night beating Tampa Bay 6-0. As for Carolina, they’re riding high after a 3-0 shutout win over the Bruins Friday afternoon. Cam Ward is going to have to be on top of his game just as much today for the Canes to hang in with the scoring Alex’s in Washington.
Boston @ Atlanta
Remember when people were saying that the Thrashers could surprise some people this year? They’re doing just that now and it’s thanks to Ondrej Pavelec and his stellar goaltending that they’re hot. They’ve won four in a row and in those four games, the Thrashers have allowed two goals. Yes, they’re giving up an average of .5 goals per game. That’ll get you a win or two. The Bruins are hoping to put their 3-0 shutout loss to Carolina on Friday behind them. Getting their power play performing well would go a long way towards doing that as their power play has been bad of late. Side feature of this game sees Thrashers head coach Craig Ramsay going against the team he was the assistant coach for last season.
Columbus @ Detroit
Another rematch of Friday night’s action as the Blue Jackets hope to get revenge against Detroit after the Wings’ 2-1 win. In that game, Jimmy Howard played big stopping 34 shots while Johan Franzen and Valtteri Filppula scored for Detroit. The Wings will be going without Mike Modano who may have seen his season put to an early end thanks to getting his wrist cut by a skate blade on Friday. For Columbus, they’re looking to get back to winning. The loss to Detroit on Friday snapped their five-game win streak and getting one back on their divisional mates would make for a good way to do it.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)