Nov 28, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
So you stuffed yourself silly all weekend and now you’ve got a leftover turkey leg and three-day-old mashed potatoes and stuffing to keep you feeling lazy today. Kick back and enjoy it everyone, it’s a three-game Sunday of action and you’ll be able to get it all done before you pass out from exhaustion tonight. Time listed is, as always, Eastern.
Carolina @ Washington
These two teams just met last on Wednesday, a Caps 3-2 win that got Washington off a three-game losing streak. In the meantime, it’s looking like Mike Green will return to the lineup and that can only spell bad things for the Hurricanes. The Caps broke out in a big way on Friday night beating Tampa Bay 6-0. As for Carolina, they’re riding high after a 3-0 shutout win over the Bruins Friday afternoon. Cam Ward is going to have to be on top of his game just as much today for the Canes to hang in with the scoring Alex’s in Washington.
Boston @ Atlanta
Remember when people were saying that the Thrashers could surprise some people this year? They’re doing just that now and it’s thanks to Ondrej Pavelec and his stellar goaltending that they’re hot. They’ve won four in a row and in those four games, the Thrashers have allowed two goals. Yes, they’re giving up an average of .5 goals per game. That’ll get you a win or two. The Bruins are hoping to put their 3-0 shutout loss to Carolina on Friday behind them. Getting their power play performing well would go a long way towards doing that as their power play has been bad of late. Side feature of this game sees Thrashers head coach Craig Ramsay going against the team he was the assistant coach for last season.
Columbus @ Detroit
Another rematch of Friday night’s action as the Blue Jackets hope to get revenge against Detroit after the Wings’ 2-1 win. In that game, Jimmy Howard played big stopping 34 shots while Johan Franzen and Valtteri Filppula scored for Detroit. The Wings will be going without Mike Modano who may have seen his season put to an early end thanks to getting his wrist cut by a skate blade on Friday. For Columbus, they’re looking to get back to winning. The loss to Detroit on Friday snapped their five-game win streak and getting one back on their divisional mates would make for a good way to do it.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 15
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 69
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 91
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)