Nov 28, 2010, 1:32 PM EST
So you stuffed yourself silly all weekend and now you’ve got a leftover turkey leg and three-day-old mashed potatoes and stuffing to keep you feeling lazy today. Kick back and enjoy it everyone, it’s a three-game Sunday of action and you’ll be able to get it all done before you pass out from exhaustion tonight. Time listed is, as always, Eastern.
Carolina @ Washington
These two teams just met last on Wednesday, a Caps 3-2 win that got Washington off a three-game losing streak. In the meantime, it’s looking like Mike Green will return to the lineup and that can only spell bad things for the Hurricanes. The Caps broke out in a big way on Friday night beating Tampa Bay 6-0. As for Carolina, they’re riding high after a 3-0 shutout win over the Bruins Friday afternoon. Cam Ward is going to have to be on top of his game just as much today for the Canes to hang in with the scoring Alex’s in Washington.
Boston @ Atlanta
Remember when people were saying that the Thrashers could surprise some people this year? They’re doing just that now and it’s thanks to Ondrej Pavelec and his stellar goaltending that they’re hot. They’ve won four in a row and in those four games, the Thrashers have allowed two goals. Yes, they’re giving up an average of .5 goals per game. That’ll get you a win or two. The Bruins are hoping to put their 3-0 shutout loss to Carolina on Friday behind them. Getting their power play performing well would go a long way towards doing that as their power play has been bad of late. Side feature of this game sees Thrashers head coach Craig Ramsay going against the team he was the assistant coach for last season.
Columbus @ Detroit
Another rematch of Friday night’s action as the Blue Jackets hope to get revenge against Detroit after the Wings’ 2-1 win. In that game, Jimmy Howard played big stopping 34 shots while Johan Franzen and Valtteri Filppula scored for Detroit. The Wings will be going without Mike Modano who may have seen his season put to an early end thanks to getting his wrist cut by a skate blade on Friday. For Columbus, they’re looking to get back to winning. The loss to Detroit on Friday snapped their five-game win streak and getting one back on their divisional mates would make for a good way to do it.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 124
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 95
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 107
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (124)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (109)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (96)