Nov 27, 2010, 5:27 PM EST
Whether you’re interested for fantasy hockey reasons or just want to know which goalie your team is playing in a given day, we thought it might be helpful to share our best guesses (based on various previews from newspapers and Web sites plus our own instincts) on who might start each day. Here’s what’s on tap for this afternoon’s starts. We’ll get you tonight’s starting goalies later today. We’ll also update this post when starters are confirmed.
7:00 PM ET games
Toronto @ Ottawa
Likely Toronto starter: Jonas Gustavsson (Source.)
Likely Ottawa starter: Brian Elliott – Pascal Leclaire played last afternoon and lost against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but certainly made a case for himself being part of the rotation again. This is a good chance for Elliott to remain relevant. (Source.)
Buffalo @ Montreal
Likely Buffalo starter: Ryan Miller – Hopefully the Sabres aren’t pushing him too far with back-to-back starts. (Source.)
Likely Montreal starter: Carey Price – After Alexander Auld lost yesterday, it’s no surprise Price will start after getting a brief rest. (Source.)
7:30 pm ET game
Florida @ Tampa Bay
Likely Florida starter: Tomas Vokoun – After Scott Clemmensen lost in the last game, I’d say that Vokoun is the odds-on favorite to start tonight.
Likely Tampa Bay starter: Dan Ellis – Mike Smith got pulled from last night’s start against the Capitals, so I think Ellis should get the nod.
8:00 pm ET games
Dallas @ St. Louis
Likely Dallas starter: Kari Lehtonen – Lehtonen is one of those goalies who will get back-to-back starts frequently. (Source.)
Likely St. Louis starter: Jaroslav Halak – Sadly, your guess is as good as mine with this one.
Anaheim @ Phoenix
Likely Anaheim starter: Jonas Hiller – Much like Halak, I’m not quite sure if this one is too dependable, but it’s my best guess.
Likely Phoenix starter: Ilya Bryzgalov – The Coyotes are on a winning streak, had a nice break and play this one at home. It would be a letdown if Breezy didn’t come out victorious. (Source.)
NY Rangers @ Nashville
Likely Rangers starter: Henrik Lundqvist – This is yet another one that could go either way, with Hank starting last night, but he earned a shutout and looked great in the process so I’d lean toward him.
Likely Nashville starter: Pekka Rinne – I feel like a bit of a broken record here, but this one is a coin flip too. Rinne only played one period before being pulled for Anders Lindback last night.
9:00 PM ET game
Minnesota @ Colorado
Likely Minnesota starter: Niklas Backstrom (Source.)
Likely Colorado starter: Peter Budaj – With Craig Anderson hurt again, Budaj should receive most of the starts for the time being. (Source.)
10:00 PM ET game
San Jose @ Edmonton
Likely San Jose starter: Antero Niittymaki – This isn’t a guarantee either (sigh) but chances are quite good that he will play after Antti Niemi allowed six goals against Vancouver on Saturday. (Source.)
Likely Edmonton starter: Devan Dubnyk – The Oilers might be able to get something going, at least on a small scale, if they win tonight. (Source.)
10:30 PM ET game
Chicago @ Los Angeles
Likely Chicago starter: Corey Crawford (Source.)
Likely Los Angeles starter: Jonathan Quick (Source.)
Want previews of today’s games? Click here.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)