Nov 27, 2010, 12:50 AM EDT
For summaries of Friday’s first seven games, click here.
With Carey Price sitting on the bench, one of the other hot goalies in the Eastern Conference took this one as Ondrej Pavelec earned a shutout to bring the Thrashers winning streak to four games. Pavelec only allowed two goals in those four contests, including one game that went into overtime. Now, you cannot really pin the blame on Alexander Auld, who stopped 44 out of 47 shots.
Rich Peverley scored two goals and Tobias Enstrom scored one goal and one assist to help the Thrashers win yet again. Atlanta outscored their opponents 15-2 during this run.
Speaking of 3-0 shutouts, Henrik Lundqvist earned a 40-save goose egg against the Panthers tonight. Ryan Callahan, Brandon Prust and Derek Stepan managed to score for New York despite the fact that they only took 19 shots on Florida backup Scott Clemmensen.
Ryan Miller was back in net for the Sabres, who are starting to move up the conference standings ever so slightly. Miller stopped 35 out of 36 shots, but a Phil Kessel shorthanded goal spoiled his shutout. Maybe being injured (and thus playing a little less) ultimately helped Miller get his game back together?
The Blue Jackets and Red Wings aren’t the only teams playing home-and-home series this weekend, as the Stars and Blues also began back-to-back contests tonight. Andy McDonald scored two goals in a losing effort, but Jamie Benn (one goal, one assist), Brad Richards (one goal) and Mike Ribeiro (one goal) helped Dallas win at home.
Mikael Samuelsson scored two goals and Roberto Luongo stopped all but one of the 33 shots he faced as the Canucks absolutely dominated the Sharks in tonight’s late game. After a 1-1 first period, Vancouver scored five unanswered goals to beat San Jose soundly.
(So much for Antti Niemi stealing the starting job, I guess.)
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 4
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)