Nov 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
There were some truly fantastic goals to choose from last night.
One deke-heavy tally by Martin Havlat was so good that I’ll probably need to post it for your viewing pleasure in a bit. Eric Staal made an amazing behind the back pass while seated on the ice to Jeff Skinner, who made no mistake about it. Nikolai Zherdev and Rob Schremp also produced some nice entries.
Some might even hand Alexander Semin the honor for his natural hat trick, even if they were as simple as slamming a door shut. (He might just be worthy of “Best One-Timer” consideration alongside his teammate Alex Ovechkin and Maurice Richard race leader Steve Stamkos.)
But when it comes down to it, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn scored the best goal of the night. His shorthanded tally came after he stole the puck from Erik Johnson on the point, then made a Mike Ribeiro/Jussi Jokinen-inspired breakaway move on Jaroslav Halak as if he was in a shootout. (Only, you know, a super-talented young defenseman was hot on his trail.)
So, anyway, here is Benn’s beauty in all its video clip glory.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)