Nov 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were some truly fantastic goals to choose from last night.
One deke-heavy tally by Martin Havlat was so good that I’ll probably need to post it for your viewing pleasure in a bit. Eric Staal made an amazing behind the back pass while seated on the ice to Jeff Skinner, who made no mistake about it. Nikolai Zherdev and Rob Schremp also produced some nice entries.
Some might even hand Alexander Semin the honor for his natural hat trick, even if they were as simple as slamming a door shut. (He might just be worthy of “Best One-Timer” consideration alongside his teammate Alex Ovechkin and Maurice Richard race leader Steve Stamkos.)
But when it comes down to it, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn scored the best goal of the night. His shorthanded tally came after he stole the puck from Erik Johnson on the point, then made a Mike Ribeiro/Jussi Jokinen-inspired breakaway move on Jaroslav Halak as if he was in a shootout. (Only, you know, a super-talented young defenseman was hot on his trail.)
So, anyway, here is Benn’s beauty in all its video clip glory.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5