Nov 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were some truly fantastic goals to choose from last night.
One deke-heavy tally by Martin Havlat was so good that I’ll probably need to post it for your viewing pleasure in a bit. Eric Staal made an amazing behind the back pass while seated on the ice to Jeff Skinner, who made no mistake about it. Nikolai Zherdev and Rob Schremp also produced some nice entries.
Some might even hand Alexander Semin the honor for his natural hat trick, even if they were as simple as slamming a door shut. (He might just be worthy of “Best One-Timer” consideration alongside his teammate Alex Ovechkin and Maurice Richard race leader Steve Stamkos.)
But when it comes down to it, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn scored the best goal of the night. His shorthanded tally came after he stole the puck from Erik Johnson on the point, then made a Mike Ribeiro/Jussi Jokinen-inspired breakaway move on Jaroslav Halak as if he was in a shootout. (Only, you know, a super-talented young defenseman was hot on his trail.)
So, anyway, here is Benn’s beauty in all its video clip glory.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)