Nov 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were some truly fantastic goals to choose from last night.
One deke-heavy tally by Martin Havlat was so good that I’ll probably need to post it for your viewing pleasure in a bit. Eric Staal made an amazing behind the back pass while seated on the ice to Jeff Skinner, who made no mistake about it. Nikolai Zherdev and Rob Schremp also produced some nice entries.
Some might even hand Alexander Semin the honor for his natural hat trick, even if they were as simple as slamming a door shut. (He might just be worthy of “Best One-Timer” consideration alongside his teammate Alex Ovechkin and Maurice Richard race leader Steve Stamkos.)
But when it comes down to it, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn scored the best goal of the night. His shorthanded tally came after he stole the puck from Erik Johnson on the point, then made a Mike Ribeiro/Jussi Jokinen-inspired breakaway move on Jaroslav Halak as if he was in a shootout. (Only, you know, a super-talented young defenseman was hot on his trail.)
So, anyway, here is Benn’s beauty in all its video clip glory.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)