Nov 27, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
There were some truly fantastic goals to choose from last night.
One deke-heavy tally by Martin Havlat was so good that I’ll probably need to post it for your viewing pleasure in a bit. Eric Staal made an amazing behind the back pass while seated on the ice to Jeff Skinner, who made no mistake about it. Nikolai Zherdev and Rob Schremp also produced some nice entries.
Some might even hand Alexander Semin the honor for his natural hat trick, even if they were as simple as slamming a door shut. (He might just be worthy of “Best One-Timer” consideration alongside his teammate Alex Ovechkin and Maurice Richard race leader Steve Stamkos.)
But when it comes down to it, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn scored the best goal of the night. His shorthanded tally came after he stole the puck from Erik Johnson on the point, then made a Mike Ribeiro/Jussi Jokinen-inspired breakaway move on Jaroslav Halak as if he was in a shootout. (Only, you know, a super-talented young defenseman was hot on his trail.)
So, anyway, here is Benn’s beauty in all its video clip glory.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)