Nov 26, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals made short work of the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight, beating them 6-0 and going through two goalies in the process.
Alexander Semin was probably the star of the show, as he scored three consecutive goals to help the Capitals win. Semin was actually in a bit of a mini-slump lately, only managing one assist in the last four games.
Well, it looks like he snapped out of that slump in a big way.
Each one of his goals came on one-timers, with the first coming from an assist via Marcus Johansson. His next two goals came on separate power plays, each assisted by Nicklas Backstrom and Alex Ovechkin.
Without further adieu, here is Semin’s natural hat trick. It’s his third hat trick in only 23 games this season.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 24
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)