Nov 26, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals made short work of the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight, beating them 6-0 and going through two goalies in the process.
Alexander Semin was probably the star of the show, as he scored three consecutive goals to help the Capitals win. Semin was actually in a bit of a mini-slump lately, only managing one assist in the last four games.
Well, it looks like he snapped out of that slump in a big way.
Each one of his goals came on one-timers, with the first coming from an assist via Marcus Johansson. His next two goals came on separate power plays, each assisted by Nicklas Backstrom and Alex Ovechkin.
Without further adieu, here is Semin’s natural hat trick. It’s his third hat trick in only 23 games this season.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)