Nov 26, 2010, 10:56 PM EST
The Washington Capitals made short work of the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight, beating them 6-0 and going through two goalies in the process.
Alexander Semin was probably the star of the show, as he scored three consecutive goals to help the Capitals win. Semin was actually in a bit of a mini-slump lately, only managing one assist in the last four games.
Well, it looks like he snapped out of that slump in a big way.
Each one of his goals came on one-timers, with the first coming from an assist via Marcus Johansson. His next two goals came on separate power plays, each assisted by Nicklas Backstrom and Alex Ovechkin.
Without further adieu, here is Semin’s natural hat trick. It’s his third hat trick in only 23 games this season.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)