Nov 26, 2010, 10:56 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals made short work of the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight, beating them 6-0 and going through two goalies in the process.
Alexander Semin was probably the star of the show, as he scored three consecutive goals to help the Capitals win. Semin was actually in a bit of a mini-slump lately, only managing one assist in the last four games.
Well, it looks like he snapped out of that slump in a big way.
Each one of his goals came on one-timers, with the first coming from an assist via Marcus Johansson. His next two goals came on separate power plays, each assisted by Nicklas Backstrom and Alex Ovechkin.
Without further adieu, here is Semin’s natural hat trick. It’s his third hat trick in only 23 games this season.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)