Nov 26, 2010, 10:56 PM EST
The Washington Capitals made short work of the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight, beating them 6-0 and going through two goalies in the process.
Alexander Semin was probably the star of the show, as he scored three consecutive goals to help the Capitals win. Semin was actually in a bit of a mini-slump lately, only managing one assist in the last four games.
Well, it looks like he snapped out of that slump in a big way.
Each one of his goals came on one-timers, with the first coming from an assist via Marcus Johansson. His next two goals came on separate power plays, each assisted by Nicklas Backstrom and Alex Ovechkin.
Without further adieu, here is Semin’s natural hat trick. It’s his third hat trick in only 23 games this season.
- Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3