Nov 26, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Edmonton’s Martin Gerber was under fire all night long from the Colorado Avalanche. Gerber stopped 35 shots en route to a 3-2 win. While it was Taylor Hall’s goal with just under 30 seconds left in the third period that lifted the Oilers to victory, it would be Gerber’s save on Ryan O’Reilly in the third that would ensure that Edmonton would have their chance to win the game later on.
The play starts with Daniel Winnik getting a turnover at the blue line and giving it up to O’Reilly. O’Reilly would go in with a full head of steam on Gerber and seemingly had him dead to rights, but Gerber came up with a stop flush with equal parts luck and skill.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5