Nov 26, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Edmonton’s Martin Gerber was under fire all night long from the Colorado Avalanche. Gerber stopped 35 shots en route to a 3-2 win. While it was Taylor Hall’s goal with just under 30 seconds left in the third period that lifted the Oilers to victory, it would be Gerber’s save on Ryan O’Reilly in the third that would ensure that Edmonton would have their chance to win the game later on.
The play starts with Daniel Winnik getting a turnover at the blue line and giving it up to O’Reilly. O’Reilly would go in with a full head of steam on Gerber and seemingly had him dead to rights, but Gerber came up with a stop flush with equal parts luck and skill.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54