Nov 26, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Edmonton’s Martin Gerber was under fire all night long from the Colorado Avalanche. Gerber stopped 35 shots en route to a 3-2 win. While it was Taylor Hall’s goal with just under 30 seconds left in the third period that lifted the Oilers to victory, it would be Gerber’s save on Ryan O’Reilly in the third that would ensure that Edmonton would have their chance to win the game later on.
The play starts with Daniel Winnik getting a turnover at the blue line and giving it up to O’Reilly. O’Reilly would go in with a full head of steam on Gerber and seemingly had him dead to rights, but Gerber came up with a stop flush with equal parts luck and skill.
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2