Nov 26, 2010, 12:14 AM EST
After all the complaints head coach Tom Renney had for his team after losing to Phoenix on Tuesday night, his team answered the call tonight and it was 2010 first round pick Taylor Hall that led the way. Hall’s goal with 29 seconds remaining in the third period gave the Oilers a 3-2 win. Andrew Cogliano and Gilbert Brule had the other goals for the Oilers. Kevin Shattenkirk and Matt Duchene scored for Colorado.
Martin Gerber earned the win for Edmonton stopping 35 shots. For Gerber it makes for a triumphant return to NHL action as he was making his first NHL start since April 11, 2009. Gerber signed with Edmonton in the off-season after spending a season away in Europe last year. Peter Budaj stopped 21 shots in the loss for Colorado.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28