Nov 26, 2010, 12:14 AM EDT
After all the complaints head coach Tom Renney had for his team after losing to Phoenix on Tuesday night, his team answered the call tonight and it was 2010 first round pick Taylor Hall that led the way. Hall’s goal with 29 seconds remaining in the third period gave the Oilers a 3-2 win. Andrew Cogliano and Gilbert Brule had the other goals for the Oilers. Kevin Shattenkirk and Matt Duchene scored for Colorado.
Martin Gerber earned the win for Edmonton stopping 35 shots. For Gerber it makes for a triumphant return to NHL action as he was making his first NHL start since April 11, 2009. Gerber signed with Edmonton in the off-season after spending a season away in Europe last year. Peter Budaj stopped 21 shots in the loss for Colorado.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17