Nov 26, 2010, 12:14 AM EDT
After all the complaints head coach Tom Renney had for his team after losing to Phoenix on Tuesday night, his team answered the call tonight and it was 2010 first round pick Taylor Hall that led the way. Hall’s goal with 29 seconds remaining in the third period gave the Oilers a 3-2 win. Andrew Cogliano and Gilbert Brule had the other goals for the Oilers. Kevin Shattenkirk and Matt Duchene scored for Colorado.
Martin Gerber earned the win for Edmonton stopping 35 shots. For Gerber it makes for a triumphant return to NHL action as he was making his first NHL start since April 11, 2009. Gerber signed with Edmonton in the off-season after spending a season away in Europe last year. Peter Budaj stopped 21 shots in the loss for Colorado.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 64
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63