Nov 26, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
While the Oilers are having their struggles this year, every now and then you get a glimpse of what the future could hold for the franchise. An abundance of youth in Edmonton has made it so that going through the motions can both be maddening and exhilarating. Last night against Colorado turned out to be one of those exhilarating nights for the Oilers.
With the game tied 2-2 in the final minute of play in the third, Jordan Eberle streaked up the right wing side and around behind the net drawing the Avalanche defense with him. John-Michael Liles dropped his stick, the defense all started paying attention to Eberle and failed to notice Taylor Hall sneaking in through the backdoor to bury a beauty of a centering feed from Eberle past Peter Budaj.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28