Nov 26, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
While the Oilers are having their struggles this year, every now and then you get a glimpse of what the future could hold for the franchise. An abundance of youth in Edmonton has made it so that going through the motions can both be maddening and exhilarating. Last night against Colorado turned out to be one of those exhilarating nights for the Oilers.
With the game tied 2-2 in the final minute of play in the third, Jordan Eberle streaked up the right wing side and around behind the net drawing the Avalanche defense with him. John-Michael Liles dropped his stick, the defense all started paying attention to Eberle and failed to notice Taylor Hall sneaking in through the backdoor to bury a beauty of a centering feed from Eberle past Peter Budaj.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 0
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 5
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 4
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 22
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 30
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2