Nov 26, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT
While the Oilers are having their struggles this year, every now and then you get a glimpse of what the future could hold for the franchise. An abundance of youth in Edmonton has made it so that going through the motions can both be maddening and exhilarating. Last night against Colorado turned out to be one of those exhilarating nights for the Oilers.
With the game tied 2-2 in the final minute of play in the third, Jordan Eberle streaked up the right wing side and around behind the net drawing the Avalanche defense with him. John-Michael Liles dropped his stick, the defense all started paying attention to Eberle and failed to notice Taylor Hall sneaking in through the backdoor to bury a beauty of a centering feed from Eberle past Peter Budaj.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7