Nov 26, 2010, 8:22 PM EDT
Considering the fact that seven of today’s 13 games began before the typical start time of 7:00 pm Eastern, it seems appropriate to recap the early games. We’ll take a look at the later games tonight/tomorrow.
In a rare change of pace, Tim Thomas was on the wrong end of a shutout this season. Cam Ward earned that 37-save shutout this afternoon, as the Hurricanes continued their weird hot-and-cold streak with a nice win over the Bruins. Carolina’s power play was the only other difference maker, going three for three.
The Penguins are officially hot right now and the best part for them is that Marc-Andre Fleury is a huge reason why they’ve been on such a great run. Fleury is on a five game winning streak, only allowed three goals in his last three games and is 7-0-1 in last eight games. He made 43 saves to help the red-hot Pens in this one.
As you probably know already, this game ended in controversy as a would-be overtime winner was called off because of Chris Pronger’s breaching of “The Avery Rule.” Ultimately, the Flames were able to steal this one via the shootout, but that call definitely casts a shadow over the game.
Maybe the Islanders aren’t as bad as the Devils after all? Read the recap here.
Pekka Rinne allowed three goals on only nine shots and lasted only one period in this one, as the Wild dominated the Predators. Martin Havlat is quietly having quite the season for himself, as the injury prone but talented forward scored two goals and one assist.
After tying the game up with a shorthanded goal by Duncan Keith, the Chicago Blackhawks exploded with a three goal third period to hand the Ducks their sixth consecutive loss.
The Capitals proved that they’re still clearly the Southeast Division’s best team, pummeling the upstart Lightning in convincing fashion. Alexander Semin scored a natural hat trick while Semyon Varlamov cruised to a 17 save shutout to help Washington win this one without much trouble.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5