Nov 26, 2010, 8:22 PM EDT
Considering the fact that seven of today’s 13 games began before the typical start time of 7:00 pm Eastern, it seems appropriate to recap the early games. We’ll take a look at the later games tonight/tomorrow.
In a rare change of pace, Tim Thomas was on the wrong end of a shutout this season. Cam Ward earned that 37-save shutout this afternoon, as the Hurricanes continued their weird hot-and-cold streak with a nice win over the Bruins. Carolina’s power play was the only other difference maker, going three for three.
The Penguins are officially hot right now and the best part for them is that Marc-Andre Fleury is a huge reason why they’ve been on such a great run. Fleury is on a five game winning streak, only allowed three goals in his last three games and is 7-0-1 in last eight games. He made 43 saves to help the red-hot Pens in this one.
As you probably know already, this game ended in controversy as a would-be overtime winner was called off because of Chris Pronger’s breaching of “The Avery Rule.” Ultimately, the Flames were able to steal this one via the shootout, but that call definitely casts a shadow over the game.
Maybe the Islanders aren’t as bad as the Devils after all? Read the recap here.
Pekka Rinne allowed three goals on only nine shots and lasted only one period in this one, as the Wild dominated the Predators. Martin Havlat is quietly having quite the season for himself, as the injury prone but talented forward scored two goals and one assist.
After tying the game up with a shorthanded goal by Duncan Keith, the Chicago Blackhawks exploded with a three goal third period to hand the Ducks their sixth consecutive loss.
The Capitals proved that they’re still clearly the Southeast Division’s best team, pummeling the upstart Lightning in convincing fashion. Alexander Semin scored a natural hat trick while Semyon Varlamov cruised to a 17 save shutout to help Washington win this one without much trouble.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)