Nov 26, 2010, 3:46 PM EST
How the NHL works is really funny sometimes. Yesterday, the Chicago Blackhawks put Garnet Exelby on waivers. Today, Exelby cleared waivers after going unclaimed. After he was cleared, he signed a contract with the Blackhawks for one-year.
Exelby was assigned to Rockford in the AHL, where he was already playing before and was captain of the team. For Exelby this better sets him up to be called up to Chicago and gives Chicago the versatility they need should they be needing some new blood on the blue line. A change in matters there couldn’t hurt the Blackhawks as they’ve been getting poor production out of Jassen Cullimore, Nick Boynton, and Jordan Hendry.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 5
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29