Nov 26, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
How the NHL works is really funny sometimes. Yesterday, the Chicago Blackhawks put Garnet Exelby on waivers. Today, Exelby cleared waivers after going unclaimed. After he was cleared, he signed a contract with the Blackhawks for one-year.
Exelby was assigned to Rockford in the AHL, where he was already playing before and was captain of the team. For Exelby this better sets him up to be called up to Chicago and gives Chicago the versatility they need should they be needing some new blood on the blue line. A change in matters there couldn’t hurt the Blackhawks as they’ve been getting poor production out of Jassen Cullimore, Nick Boynton, and Jordan Hendry.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38