Nov 26, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
How the NHL works is really funny sometimes. Yesterday, the Chicago Blackhawks put Garnet Exelby on waivers. Today, Exelby cleared waivers after going unclaimed. After he was cleared, he signed a contract with the Blackhawks for one-year.
Exelby was assigned to Rockford in the AHL, where he was already playing before and was captain of the team. For Exelby this better sets him up to be called up to Chicago and gives Chicago the versatility they need should they be needing some new blood on the blue line. A change in matters there couldn’t hurt the Blackhawks as they’ve been getting poor production out of Jassen Cullimore, Nick Boynton, and Jordan Hendry.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 6
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36