Nov 26, 2010, 3:46 PM EDT
How the NHL works is really funny sometimes. Yesterday, the Chicago Blackhawks put Garnet Exelby on waivers. Today, Exelby cleared waivers after going unclaimed. After he was cleared, he signed a contract with the Blackhawks for one-year.
Exelby was assigned to Rockford in the AHL, where he was already playing before and was captain of the team. For Exelby this better sets him up to be called up to Chicago and gives Chicago the versatility they need should they be needing some new blood on the blue line. A change in matters there couldn’t hurt the Blackhawks as they’ve been getting poor production out of Jassen Cullimore, Nick Boynton, and Jordan Hendry.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6