Nov 25, 2010, 12:25 AM EDT
The original AP report seemed to give tonight’s glass breaking credit to Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux, but after watching this video, it looks more like Kimmo Timonen was the glass shattering culprit.
Regardless of whomever broke the glass, it’s always fun to look at something like that (at least when it doesn’t appear that any fans were hurt).
Ultimately, the slightly odd decision to play the final two minutes of the first period after a first intermission before playing the second really didn’t make much of a difference. The Flyers absolutely trampled them by a score of 6-1 anyway. (Read more about the first 11 games from Wednesday’s slate here.)
You can see the broken pane of glass in this post’s main image (a screen shot from the CSN telecast) but why not watch the full video itself?
Here it is, via NHL.com.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8