Nov 25, 2010, 12:25 AM EDT
The original AP report seemed to give tonight’s glass breaking credit to Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux, but after watching this video, it looks more like Kimmo Timonen was the glass shattering culprit.
Regardless of whomever broke the glass, it’s always fun to look at something like that (at least when it doesn’t appear that any fans were hurt).
Ultimately, the slightly odd decision to play the final two minutes of the first period after a first intermission before playing the second really didn’t make much of a difference. The Flyers absolutely trampled them by a score of 6-1 anyway. (Read more about the first 11 games from Wednesday’s slate here.)
You can see the broken pane of glass in this post’s main image (a screen shot from the CSN telecast) but why not watch the full video itself?
Here it is, via NHL.com.
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 50
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 32
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 55
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 30
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings