Nov 25, 2010, 12:25 AM EDT
The original AP report seemed to give tonight’s glass breaking credit to Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux, but after watching this video, it looks more like Kimmo Timonen was the glass shattering culprit.
Regardless of whomever broke the glass, it’s always fun to look at something like that (at least when it doesn’t appear that any fans were hurt).
Ultimately, the slightly odd decision to play the final two minutes of the first period after a first intermission before playing the second really didn’t make much of a difference. The Flyers absolutely trampled them by a score of 6-1 anyway. (Read more about the first 11 games from Wednesday’s slate here.)
You can see the broken pane of glass in this post’s main image (a screen shot from the CSN telecast) but why not watch the full video itself?
Here it is, via NHL.com.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)