Nov 25, 2010, 12:25 AM EDT
The original AP report seemed to give tonight’s glass breaking credit to Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux, but after watching this video, it looks more like Kimmo Timonen was the glass shattering culprit.
Regardless of whomever broke the glass, it’s always fun to look at something like that (at least when it doesn’t appear that any fans were hurt).
Ultimately, the slightly odd decision to play the final two minutes of the first period after a first intermission before playing the second really didn’t make much of a difference. The Flyers absolutely trampled them by a score of 6-1 anyway. (Read more about the first 11 games from Wednesday’s slate here.)
You can see the broken pane of glass in this post’s main image (a screen shot from the CSN telecast) but why not watch the full video itself?
Here it is, via NHL.com.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)