Nov 25, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
Bad news today for Coyotes and Petr Prucha fans as the Coyotes have waived the Czech winger. If you were a fan of the Coyotes “Czech line” featuring Martin Hanzal, Radim Vrbata, and Petr Prucha chances are you’ve been disappointed for most of this season as the line was broken up this year. Hanzal missed some time due to injury, Vrbata has found chemistry with other players and Prucha… Well, Prucha has had a hard time staying in head coach Dave Tippett’s lineup and he’s been the same streaky player Rangers fans remember seeing when he played in New York.
In 11 games this season, Prucha had zero goals and one assist. While many players on Phoenix have been having down offensive seasons, Prucha’s struggles were mighty and it showed with a lack of ice time. Prucha averaged just over 11 minutes a night this season and if you needed a sign that things were going south, he was a healthy scratch in last night’s game.
As for potential interest in Prucha on waivers, he’s making just over $1 million this year and his deal runs out at the end of the season. For a team looking for a potential jump offensively he could make for a good, low-cost addition if you’re in need of depth. Banking on Prucha for steady second line work might be a bit too risky.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 19
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)