Nov 25, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
Bad news today for Coyotes and Petr Prucha fans as the Coyotes have waived the Czech winger. If you were a fan of the Coyotes “Czech line” featuring Martin Hanzal, Radim Vrbata, and Petr Prucha chances are you’ve been disappointed for most of this season as the line was broken up this year. Hanzal missed some time due to injury, Vrbata has found chemistry with other players and Prucha… Well, Prucha has had a hard time staying in head coach Dave Tippett’s lineup and he’s been the same streaky player Rangers fans remember seeing when he played in New York.
In 11 games this season, Prucha had zero goals and one assist. While many players on Phoenix have been having down offensive seasons, Prucha’s struggles were mighty and it showed with a lack of ice time. Prucha averaged just over 11 minutes a night this season and if you needed a sign that things were going south, he was a healthy scratch in last night’s game.
As for potential interest in Prucha on waivers, he’s making just over $1 million this year and his deal runs out at the end of the season. For a team looking for a potential jump offensively he could make for a good, low-cost addition if you’re in need of depth. Banking on Prucha for steady second line work might be a bit too risky.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)