Nov 25, 2010, 3:47 PM EDT
Bad news today for Coyotes and Petr Prucha fans as the Coyotes have waived the Czech winger. If you were a fan of the Coyotes “Czech line” featuring Martin Hanzal, Radim Vrbata, and Petr Prucha chances are you’ve been disappointed for most of this season as the line was broken up this year. Hanzal missed some time due to injury, Vrbata has found chemistry with other players and Prucha… Well, Prucha has had a hard time staying in head coach Dave Tippett’s lineup and he’s been the same streaky player Rangers fans remember seeing when he played in New York.
In 11 games this season, Prucha had zero goals and one assist. While many players on Phoenix have been having down offensive seasons, Prucha’s struggles were mighty and it showed with a lack of ice time. Prucha averaged just over 11 minutes a night this season and if you needed a sign that things were going south, he was a healthy scratch in last night’s game.
As for potential interest in Prucha on waivers, he’s making just over $1 million this year and his deal runs out at the end of the season. For a team looking for a potential jump offensively he could make for a good, low-cost addition if you’re in need of depth. Banking on Prucha for steady second line work might be a bit too risky.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)