Nov 25, 2010, 4:35 AM EDT
On Kirk McLean night the Canucks were able to snap a four-game losing skid and win one for the home fans. Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa, and Alex Burrows all scored goals while Roberto Luongo stopped 21 shots in the win. The bad news for Colorado came when Craig Anderson left after the first period with a groin injury and Adam Foote to a leg injury. The win also put Vancouver into a tie with Colorado for first in the Northwest Division.
Antti Niemi’s first game against his old team turned out to be a pretty good one for the Finnish goalie. The Sharks came out flying against Chicago and skated away with a win. Niemi was solid making 30 saves in the win. Meanwhile, Patrick Marleau had two goals, Joe Pavelski had a goal and an assist, and Joe Thornton had two assists to lead the scoring. It’s not quite revenge for the Sharks to beat Chicago after losing to them in the Western Conference finals last year, but for Niemi it had to feel special to beat the team that walked away from him over the summer.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8