Nov 25, 2010, 4:35 AM EST
On Kirk McLean night the Canucks were able to snap a four-game losing skid and win one for the home fans. Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa, and Alex Burrows all scored goals while Roberto Luongo stopped 21 shots in the win. The bad news for Colorado came when Craig Anderson left after the first period with a groin injury and Adam Foote to a leg injury. The win also put Vancouver into a tie with Colorado for first in the Northwest Division.
Antti Niemi’s first game against his old team turned out to be a pretty good one for the Finnish goalie. The Sharks came out flying against Chicago and skated away with a win. Niemi was solid making 30 saves in the win. Meanwhile, Patrick Marleau had two goals, Joe Pavelski had a goal and an assist, and Joe Thornton had two assists to lead the scoring. It’s not quite revenge for the Sharks to beat Chicago after losing to them in the Western Conference finals last year, but for Niemi it had to feel special to beat the team that walked away from him over the summer.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15