Nov 25, 2010, 4:35 AM EDT
On Kirk McLean night the Canucks were able to snap a four-game losing skid and win one for the home fans. Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa, and Alex Burrows all scored goals while Roberto Luongo stopped 21 shots in the win. The bad news for Colorado came when Craig Anderson left after the first period with a groin injury and Adam Foote to a leg injury. The win also put Vancouver into a tie with Colorado for first in the Northwest Division.
Antti Niemi’s first game against his old team turned out to be a pretty good one for the Finnish goalie. The Sharks came out flying against Chicago and skated away with a win. Niemi was solid making 30 saves in the win. Meanwhile, Patrick Marleau had two goals, Joe Pavelski had a goal and an assist, and Joe Thornton had two assists to lead the scoring. It’s not quite revenge for the Sharks to beat Chicago after losing to them in the Western Conference finals last year, but for Niemi it had to feel special to beat the team that walked away from him over the summer.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5