Nov 25, 2010, 10:57 AM EDT
We’ll admit it openly here. We love it when a guy who’s better known for throwing his fists scores a goal, it provides the kind of goofy smile reserved for when you get a random compliment or you see a basket filled with puppies. These sorts of things happen so rarely that you have to take a moment and enjoy it. In last night’s Flyers-Wild game, Flyers tough guy Jody Shelley was our bringer of a basket of puppies.
With the Flyers already up 5-1 in the third period, Blair Betts forced a turnover as Eric Nystrom tried to escape the zone. Betts’ pokecheck went right to Darroll Powe who found a wide open Jody Shelley who then stickhandled and deked Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom out of position to score the final goal of the game in the Flyers’ 6-1 win. Sounds unbelievable, right? Well, here’s all the proof you need.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9