Nov 25, 2010, 10:57 AM EDT
We’ll admit it openly here. We love it when a guy who’s better known for throwing his fists scores a goal, it provides the kind of goofy smile reserved for when you get a random compliment or you see a basket filled with puppies. These sorts of things happen so rarely that you have to take a moment and enjoy it. In last night’s Flyers-Wild game, Flyers tough guy Jody Shelley was our bringer of a basket of puppies.
With the Flyers already up 5-1 in the third period, Blair Betts forced a turnover as Eric Nystrom tried to escape the zone. Betts’ pokecheck went right to Darroll Powe who found a wide open Jody Shelley who then stickhandled and deked Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom out of position to score the final goal of the game in the Flyers’ 6-1 win. Sounds unbelievable, right? Well, here’s all the proof you need.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8