Nov 25, 2010, 10:57 AM EDT
We’ll admit it openly here. We love it when a guy who’s better known for throwing his fists scores a goal, it provides the kind of goofy smile reserved for when you get a random compliment or you see a basket filled with puppies. These sorts of things happen so rarely that you have to take a moment and enjoy it. In last night’s Flyers-Wild game, Flyers tough guy Jody Shelley was our bringer of a basket of puppies.
With the Flyers already up 5-1 in the third period, Blair Betts forced a turnover as Eric Nystrom tried to escape the zone. Betts’ pokecheck went right to Darroll Powe who found a wide open Jody Shelley who then stickhandled and deked Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom out of position to score the final goal of the game in the Flyers’ 6-1 win. Sounds unbelievable, right? Well, here’s all the proof you need.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12