Nov 25, 2010, 10:57 AM EDT
We’ll admit it openly here. We love it when a guy who’s better known for throwing his fists scores a goal, it provides the kind of goofy smile reserved for when you get a random compliment or you see a basket filled with puppies. These sorts of things happen so rarely that you have to take a moment and enjoy it. In last night’s Flyers-Wild game, Flyers tough guy Jody Shelley was our bringer of a basket of puppies.
With the Flyers already up 5-1 in the third period, Blair Betts forced a turnover as Eric Nystrom tried to escape the zone. Betts’ pokecheck went right to Darroll Powe who found a wide open Jody Shelley who then stickhandled and deked Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom out of position to score the final goal of the game in the Flyers’ 6-1 win. Sounds unbelievable, right? Well, here’s all the proof you need.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5