Nov 25, 2010, 12:10 AM EST
Well, good thing Peter Budaj actually did pretty well for himself during his brief run as the Colorado Avalanche starter via injury.
That’s because Craig Anderson seems like he might be banged up again, at least for the time being. After starting what was supposed to be his second game back from a freak knee injury that occurred during the team’s pregame warm-ups on October 26, Anderson reportedly stayed on the bench after one period of play because of a groin injury.
Longtime defenseman Adam Foote also left the game early because of a knee injury sustained from a Jeff Tambellini hit.
It’s unclear if Anderson’s groin injury is anything significant, but if he misses some time, there are some silver linings. Not to be grim about it, but a lesser 2010-11 season would make Anderson easier to retain. More positively, Budaj has been strong this season, as he sports an 8-3-1 record so far.
The Canucks are currently ahead of the Avalanche by a score of 3-1. We’ll have a recap of that game as well as the Chicago Blackhawks-San Jose Sharks contest sometime on Thursday.
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 17
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 68
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Patrick Kane (fractured clavicle) out 12 weeks after surgery 41
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (71)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)