Nov 25, 2010, 12:10 AM EDT
Well, good thing Peter Budaj actually did pretty well for himself during his brief run as the Colorado Avalanche starter via injury.
That’s because Craig Anderson seems like he might be banged up again, at least for the time being. After starting what was supposed to be his second game back from a freak knee injury that occurred during the team’s pregame warm-ups on October 26, Anderson reportedly stayed on the bench after one period of play because of a groin injury.
Longtime defenseman Adam Foote also left the game early because of a knee injury sustained from a Jeff Tambellini hit.
It’s unclear if Anderson’s groin injury is anything significant, but if he misses some time, there are some silver linings. Not to be grim about it, but a lesser 2010-11 season would make Anderson easier to retain. More positively, Budaj has been strong this season, as he sports an 8-3-1 record so far.
The Canucks are currently ahead of the Avalanche by a score of 3-1. We’ll have a recap of that game as well as the Chicago Blackhawks-San Jose Sharks contest sometime on Thursday.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)