Nov 25, 2010, 12:10 AM EDT
Well, good thing Peter Budaj actually did pretty well for himself during his brief run as the Colorado Avalanche starter via injury.
That’s because Craig Anderson seems like he might be banged up again, at least for the time being. After starting what was supposed to be his second game back from a freak knee injury that occurred during the team’s pregame warm-ups on October 26, Anderson reportedly stayed on the bench after one period of play because of a groin injury.
Longtime defenseman Adam Foote also left the game early because of a knee injury sustained from a Jeff Tambellini hit.
It’s unclear if Anderson’s groin injury is anything significant, but if he misses some time, there are some silver linings. Not to be grim about it, but a lesser 2010-11 season would make Anderson easier to retain. More positively, Budaj has been strong this season, as he sports an 8-3-1 record so far.
The Canucks are currently ahead of the Avalanche by a score of 3-1. We’ll have a recap of that game as well as the Chicago Blackhawks-San Jose Sharks contest sometime on Thursday.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)