Nov 25, 2010, 12:10 AM EDT
Well, good thing Peter Budaj actually did pretty well for himself during his brief run as the Colorado Avalanche starter via injury.
That’s because Craig Anderson seems like he might be banged up again, at least for the time being. After starting what was supposed to be his second game back from a freak knee injury that occurred during the team’s pregame warm-ups on October 26, Anderson reportedly stayed on the bench after one period of play because of a groin injury.
Longtime defenseman Adam Foote also left the game early because of a knee injury sustained from a Jeff Tambellini hit.
It’s unclear if Anderson’s groin injury is anything significant, but if he misses some time, there are some silver linings. Not to be grim about it, but a lesser 2010-11 season would make Anderson easier to retain. More positively, Budaj has been strong this season, as he sports an 8-3-1 record so far.
The Canucks are currently ahead of the Avalanche by a score of 3-1. We’ll have a recap of that game as well as the Chicago Blackhawks-San Jose Sharks contest sometime on Thursday.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)