Nov 25, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We here at PHT hope that your holiday is filled with fun, food, and family. The NHL, meanwhile, serves up a plate filled with… All right, it’s just one game tonight and it’s in Edmonton, but fear not, there’ll be plenty of leftovers on Friday with 13 games then. Today, expect news to be light as we’ll all be looking to spend some time with a tryptophan coma kicking in sometime after we’ve crammed our faces with pie for dessert. Here’s today’s preview and as always, the time is Eastern.
Colorado @ Edmonton
The Avs took a sound beating at the hands of Vancouver last night and they could be facing the Oilers without Craig Anderson and Adam Foote who both left last night’s game with injuries. The Oilers, meanwhile, will be hoping they can get back in the good graces of head coach and all around “nice guy” Tom Renney. Renney chewed out his team publicly after the Oilers were trounced by the Coyotes on Tuesday night. The Oilers will have to play like they’re fighting for the Stanley Cup and then acting like they’ve been there before if they’re going to start winning consistently. The Oilers have lost seven of their last eight games but facing off against a tired and banged up Avs team might be the recipe they need for success.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56