Nov 25, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We here at PHT hope that your holiday is filled with fun, food, and family. The NHL, meanwhile, serves up a plate filled with… All right, it’s just one game tonight and it’s in Edmonton, but fear not, there’ll be plenty of leftovers on Friday with 13 games then. Today, expect news to be light as we’ll all be looking to spend some time with a tryptophan coma kicking in sometime after we’ve crammed our faces with pie for dessert. Here’s today’s preview and as always, the time is Eastern.
Colorado @ Edmonton
The Avs took a sound beating at the hands of Vancouver last night and they could be facing the Oilers without Craig Anderson and Adam Foote who both left last night’s game with injuries. The Oilers, meanwhile, will be hoping they can get back in the good graces of head coach and all around “nice guy” Tom Renney. Renney chewed out his team publicly after the Oilers were trounced by the Coyotes on Tuesday night. The Oilers will have to play like they’re fighting for the Stanley Cup and then acting like they’ve been there before if they’re going to start winning consistently. The Oilers have lost seven of their last eight games but facing off against a tired and banged up Avs team might be the recipe they need for success.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16