Nov 25, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We here at PHT hope that your holiday is filled with fun, food, and family. The NHL, meanwhile, serves up a plate filled with… All right, it’s just one game tonight and it’s in Edmonton, but fear not, there’ll be plenty of leftovers on Friday with 13 games then. Today, expect news to be light as we’ll all be looking to spend some time with a tryptophan coma kicking in sometime after we’ve crammed our faces with pie for dessert. Here’s today’s preview and as always, the time is Eastern.
Colorado @ Edmonton
The Avs took a sound beating at the hands of Vancouver last night and they could be facing the Oilers without Craig Anderson and Adam Foote who both left last night’s game with injuries. The Oilers, meanwhile, will be hoping they can get back in the good graces of head coach and all around “nice guy” Tom Renney. Renney chewed out his team publicly after the Oilers were trounced by the Coyotes on Tuesday night. The Oilers will have to play like they’re fighting for the Stanley Cup and then acting like they’ve been there before if they’re going to start winning consistently. The Oilers have lost seven of their last eight games but facing off against a tired and banged up Avs team might be the recipe they need for success.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25