Nov 24, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
As we discussed last week, HBO released some snippets of its eagerly anticipated “24/7” take on the Winter Classic between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
If you’re premium movie channel deprived like me (ugh, let me tell you, it’s pretty tough to miss out on Eastbound and Down and everything else that HBO has to offer), then you might not have gotten a chance to see the preview just yet.
The first actual episode will air on December 15 (apparently it is a four part series), but in the mean time, the network with the Midas touch is willing to tease us with video snippets from what should be a compelling documentary. NHL.com features a couple of the videos: one featuring Penguins golden boy Sidney Crosby and notable goofball Maxime Talbot while the other one focuses on each team’s head goon (DJ King for Washington; Eric Godard for Pittsburgh).
First, let’s check out the straightforward comments of Crosby and the lovable goober antics of Talbot.
Now that you had a chance to check that out, let’s take a look into the often-fascinating world of puck-based pugilists Godard and King.
Captivating stuff. From the looks of things, the only thing more entertaining than the documentaries will be the Winter Classic itself. We hope you’re excited too.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 30
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5