Nov 24, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
As we discussed last week, HBO released some snippets of its eagerly anticipated “24/7″ take on the Winter Classic between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
If you’re premium movie channel deprived like me (ugh, let me tell you, it’s pretty tough to miss out on Eastbound and Down and everything else that HBO has to offer), then you might not have gotten a chance to see the preview just yet.
The first actual episode will air on December 15 (apparently it is a four part series), but in the mean time, the network with the Midas touch is willing to tease us with video snippets from what should be a compelling documentary. NHL.com features a couple of the videos: one featuring Penguins golden boy Sidney Crosby and notable goofball Maxime Talbot while the other one focuses on each team’s head goon (DJ King for Washington; Eric Godard for Pittsburgh).
First, let’s check out the straightforward comments of Crosby and the lovable goober antics of Talbot.
Now that you had a chance to check that out, let’s take a look into the often-fascinating world of puck-based pugilists Godard and King.
Captivating stuff. From the looks of things, the only thing more entertaining than the documentaries will be the Winter Classic itself. We hope you’re excited too.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54