Nov 24, 2010, 10:32 PM EDT
As we discussed last week, HBO released some snippets of its eagerly anticipated “24/7″ take on the Winter Classic between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
If you’re premium movie channel deprived like me (ugh, let me tell you, it’s pretty tough to miss out on Eastbound and Down and everything else that HBO has to offer), then you might not have gotten a chance to see the preview just yet.
The first actual episode will air on December 15 (apparently it is a four part series), but in the mean time, the network with the Midas touch is willing to tease us with video snippets from what should be a compelling documentary. NHL.com features a couple of the videos: one featuring Penguins golden boy Sidney Crosby and notable goofball Maxime Talbot while the other one focuses on each team’s head goon (DJ King for Washington; Eric Godard for Pittsburgh).
First, let’s check out the straightforward comments of Crosby and the lovable goober antics of Talbot.
Now that you had a chance to check that out, let’s take a look into the often-fascinating world of puck-based pugilists Godard and King.
Captivating stuff. From the looks of things, the only thing more entertaining than the documentaries will be the Winter Classic itself. We hope you’re excited too.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55