Nov 24, 2010, 10:32 PM EST
As we discussed last week, HBO released some snippets of its eagerly anticipated “24/7″ take on the Winter Classic between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
If you’re premium movie channel deprived like me (ugh, let me tell you, it’s pretty tough to miss out on Eastbound and Down and everything else that HBO has to offer), then you might not have gotten a chance to see the preview just yet.
The first actual episode will air on December 15 (apparently it is a four part series), but in the mean time, the network with the Midas touch is willing to tease us with video snippets from what should be a compelling documentary. NHL.com features a couple of the videos: one featuring Penguins golden boy Sidney Crosby and notable goofball Maxime Talbot while the other one focuses on each team’s head goon (DJ King for Washington; Eric Godard for Pittsburgh).
First, let’s check out the straightforward comments of Crosby and the lovable goober antics of Talbot.
Now that you had a chance to check that out, let’s take a look into the often-fascinating world of puck-based pugilists Godard and King.
Captivating stuff. From the looks of things, the only thing more entertaining than the documentaries will be the Winter Classic itself. We hope you’re excited too.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54